NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Housing Team Leader
Position Title: Housing Team Leader
Programme: Homeless Services
The Employer: Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity. Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Work Schedule: Full Time 38.5 Hours per week, 7 day rota (including evening & weekends – Days).
Contracts: Permanent Housing Team Leader
Salary: Band E (€37’188 - €49’352) – Team Leader
Location: Family Hub STA, Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3
Reports to: Project Leader/ Deputy Project
- Working on own initiative, demonstrating accountability and responsibility;
- Being an effective role model for all staff;
- Being supportive and open to change, providing leadership and direction throughout any change process;
- Identifying and promoting best practice and being committed to always act in accordance with Crosscare’s policies and procedures;
- Committed to Crosscare’s Servant Leadership approach and the values of love, respect and excellence
Housing and Case management
- Take the lead with the HCW’s to Secure the appropriate housing option for each family and assist their move into the tenancy.
- To establish relationship with letting agents, landlords, local authorities and other established links in order to better support the client
- Ensuring that team members are implementing the case management system, from referral stage to disengagement, including assessment, orientation, relationship management, development of individual plans and transition planning;
- Accompany families to viewings and negotiate tenancy with Landlords.
- Liaise with Community Welfare Services re grants and provide settlement support until appropriate supports are put in place
- Have comprehensive knowledge of local facilities and support groups and to liaise with the key working team and broad range of external service providers including TUSLA, DCC, CPS, DOSP Community support groups, DRHE and other key stakeholders.
- Advocate for families to ensure they are eligible for all rental and social welfare supports they are entitled to in relation to their housing move on.
- To advocate on behalf of families and reduce resistance to resettlement of people experiencing homelessness within the community.
- To identify blocks and barriers to families. Accessing suitable housing options and report on these as requested. Also to highlight external policies issues as they arise.
- To keep detailed records of outcomes and numbers of individuals resettled as we are a target based service.
- To provide written reports on any aspect of the service as requested.
Staff and House keeping:
- Working rostered hours to suit the efficient functioning of the service and the adequate support of day and night staff
- Carry out duties within the Project, including floor cover for the delivery of our residential service.
- Providing coaching and supervision for both day and night staff as required
- Ensuring the efficient and safe functioning of the service taking into account up-to-date Health & Safety regulations and ensuring sufficient Health & Safety awareness amongst staff;
- Reports – ensuring Daily Handover is communicated properly and efficiently daily. Reporting on residents is completed daily and sent to relevant parties;
- Time Keeping – following up on any lates/absences with staff member;
- Helping with rostering of staff shifts and catering for planned absence (e.g. Annual Leave) and Unplanned absence (e.g. Sick Leave);
- Ensuring client notes, Care Plans, and all electronic and paper files are kept in accordance with Crosscare’s GDPR Policy on holding information about resident;
- Ensuring the PASS system and statistics are updated daily;
- Helping to review Policies & Procedures on an ongoing basis and assisting the management team in drawing up any new Policies required for the safe & efficient running of the project;
- working an on-call system
- Supporting the management team as required;
- Assisting with recruitment process where required;
- Assisting management with any disciplinary, grievance issues in line with Crosscare policy;
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Project Leader.
- A relevant third level degree qualification (Level 7) in the area of Social Care, Social Policy, Addiction Studies, Social Science, Housing & Welfare or equivalent is essential;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a social care or settlement role
- Practical knowledge and/or experience of supervising staff
- Child Protection Training
- Knowledge of Signs of Safety in accordance with TUSLA;
- Practical experience and/or knowledge of supervising staff;
- Knowledge of the Rebuilding Ireland Policy document and the reconfiguration of Homeless Services across the greater Dublin area;
- Professional Qualification e.g. ICSH/CIH membership
- Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards Framework.
- Mental health
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- Case Management
Applicants should send their CV (2 pages max) & cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to email@example.com with Subject line as : Housing Team Leader, or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3.
Closing date for applications will be 22nd September 2019 and interviews will be held the week of the 30th September 2019.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role