NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Programme Facilitator to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Programme Facilitator for Galway Resource Centre
Permanent Contract, 30 hours
To be part of a professional team & progressive service supporting individuals with complex challenges to achieve and maintain valued roles in their community through outcomes led personal development, learning, social and recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to work in a way which reflects the values of Supported Self Directed Living, implementing the core values of New Directions. The candidate will have an innovative ability, together with drive, enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude.
To facilitate individuals with their programme choices and demonstrate a passion to assist in enhancing the person’s image in all settings.
To facilitate in the educational, developmental, recreational and occupational programmes and activities of the service, as appropriate both within the centre and in the community.
The candidate will work as a positive member of the team and make a conscious effort to investigate new opportunities and advocate the same for the best interest of the service users, service and team.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of New Directions and community based programmes
- 1 year minimum experience of working in a relevant setting with the experience of facilitating and implementing person centred plans.
- Experience supporting adults with an intellectual disability and people enduring mental health issues.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process.
- To support individuals and groups in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programme Supervisor / Community Services Manager.
- To promote and support independence and community integration in your approach with the service user group including liaising with key community based personnel in pursuit of accessible community activities in accordance with the service user’s choices and aspirations.
- To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records.
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Programme facilitation skills an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Full drivers licence desirable
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please and to apply please click here: https://rehab.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/7725
Closing Date: Friday, 20th September 2019
Interviews for this role will take place Tuesday 1st & Wednesday 2nd October 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer