Teach na nDaoine Not For Profit Community Convenience Shop
Are Seeking to Employ
A Shop Manager
The successful candidate will be expected to have experience in the following areas:
- To achieve sales targets, a Gross Profit margin and Net Margin as agreed with Store Owner.
- Maintain Wages to Net Sales ratio as agreed.
- Maintain backroom system and percentages.
- Ensure proper controls are implemented for cash control and till reconciliation as well as daily stock controls of ready disposal items.
- To control overheads as per Annual Budget and Stocktaking procedures.
- To ensure Management Team have been set targets on Sales, Gross Profit, and Wastage and to agree such with them.
- To ensure Management Team are trained appropriately and to the highest standard at all times.
- To ensure merchandising and presentation of entire store is of the highest standard at all times.
- To control Stocktaking procedures.
- To ensure Customer Care Service in the entire store is of the highest standard.
- To encourage a good working relationship with all staff and with local community, to promote the shop as a charity working with the community.
- To hold regular communication meetings with management team through the use of Appraisals, Training and Development Promotion etc.
- To have an in-depth knowledge of all legislation as it pertains to this store, in particular, Health and Safety Regulations, Employment Legislation etc.
- To manage and co-ordinate in-store and national promotions.
- To be aware and implement all information that relates to your store which helps to gain efficiencies in operation i.e. reports/scanning info etc.
- To seek opportunities to develop yourself in relation to technical training and professional development.
Skills and Experience needed for this job:
You will have previous experience in retail management at either a senior number two level or store manager’s position, with a passion for food retailing or wholesaling, a people person with a commercial edge and a desire to drive your own business category forward. Ambitious, not only for yourself but for your company.
Salary consummate to experience and skills.
For application forms please email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted. CVs will not be accepted.
Application form should be returned in a sealed envelope marked Application Form to address: Teach Na nDaoine Family Resource Centre, Oriel Way, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan.
The closing date for receipt of applications is on Monday, the 30th September 2019.