St. John of God Dublin South East Services provides a network of education, training, employment, respite, community living supports and rights promotion to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Social Care Worker – Adult Residential Services
Permanent/ Specified Purpose/Relief Posts
While most of the roles are full time we do also have a number of part time posts currently available to provide supports across a number of locations. These role are linked to an off duty roster with 4 to 6 weeks notice given.
Candidates who would like to support the men and women attending our service should have the following:
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies/Social Care or equivalent
- A proven track record in the delivery of Person Centered systems, services and supports and awareness of positive behavior supports
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant Health Act Regulations, HIQA Standards and all other relevant legislation
- Experience of working with people who have an intellectual disability (experience supporting Service Users with higher needs advantageous)
- Experience of a residential setting is desirable (please note as well as locations in South Dublin, we have locations in Wicklow/Kilpedder)
- Be innovative, resourceful, flexible and have excellent communication, interpersonal, administrative and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work both in a busy team environment and independently.
- Ability to support and facilitate independent living and community integration.
- Experience in the area of human rights and advocacy.
- Full manual driving license is essential (please be advised that this is essential for the role and must be stated clearly in your application. A response to your application cannot be guaranteed without clarification of this)
Please forward your covering letter and CV by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting REF: SCW2019
Informal Queries to: Michelle Genoe, Programme Manager 01-285 2900
CVs must provide full details of all relevant experience. Any gaps in CVs must be clarified.
Shortlisting will apply.
Saint John of God Community Services CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
We operate HSE (Health Service Executive) funded services across Intellectual Disability, Adult Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Hospitality Respect Justice Excellence Compassion