COPE Galway’s vision is for an improved quality of life, in a home of their own, for people affected by homelessness, women and children experiencing domestic abuse and older people in the community. The mission of COPE Galway Homeless Services is to contribute to people finding and
keeping their own homes and to improve quality of life.
COPE Galway are looking to recruit for the role of:
Team Leader – Family Hub
The focus of this role will be the overall management of the Family Hub service, supporting accommodated families and the staff that assist them. The aim of the Family Hub service is to assist families in securing their next more permanent, independent housing, in conjunction with COPE Galway’s Family Support Services. The Family Hub is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The staff team supporting the service will comprise of full and part time project workers, assistant project workers, relief staff and accommodation supervisors as well as volunteers. This role will work directly with clients of the service, responding to their needs and will be part of the core staffing cover on a rostered basis.
Full job description and person spec available from HR but key responsibilities include;
- Managing the day to day operation of the Family Hub service, ensuring the highest standards of service
- Develop and imbed a proactive approach on the part of the service to working with the families accommodated in the Family Hub
- Lead and manage the staff team in the delivery and development of services in accordance with the vision, mission and strategic direction of the organisation
- Contribute actively to the development of the service, its review and evaluation and keep updated on best practice
- Process referrals made to the service – conducting interviews and assessments, adopting a proactive response to the needs of families
Required Experience and Skills include:
- A recognised third level degree in the Social Care, Community Development or related field
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a management role in a comparable area of work
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working in the area of homelessness or other similar area of work with socially disadvantaged
- A working knowledge of Housing Legislation in Ireland, current homelessness policy and an up to date knowledge of best practice in the area of homeless services
- Experience of advocating with local services and supports
- Experience of interagency working with a range of housing, welfare, health and social work services
Hours of work: 39 hours per week (across a six day rota Monday to Saturday)
Salary: Team Leader Scale
Annual Leave: 23 days per annum plus bank holidays (equivalent in hours)
Nature of Contract: 2 Year fixed term contract initially, to extend to 5 years subject to review of the project
Place of work: Corrib Haven, Newcastle Road, Galway.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and application form.
Completed applications to be sent to email@example.com by September 23rd 2019
Garda Clearance is required for this role
COPE Galway are an equal opportunities employer
COPE Galway, Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway.