NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Reference No: CFCNO0819
Location: National Office
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 20th September 2019
The prime purpose of the role is to support SVP Regions and Conferences with national fundraising activities with primary responsibility for the implementation of the national CHY charity tax back programme for the Society. Additional responsibilities include supporting regions with national fundraising activities in readiness for the Annual Appeal and other national fundraising initiatives. The job holder will also support individual and corporate volunteers and assist in the general administration duties relating to the national fundraising department.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Educated to degree level in a marketing, communications or business area is essential
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required within the fundraising sector in a similar position
- Experience of coordinating/ administering the CHY process would be an advantage
- Experience of providing support to fundraising initiatives would be an advantage
- Experience of providing support to community fundraising activities would be an advantage
- Flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written and face to face
- Excellent database knowledge
- Good knowledge of marketing techniques
- The ability to juggle a wide range of activities and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to manage and motivate others to reach targets and goals
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please click here to apply.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employ