NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Project Worker / Childcare
Reference No: PWCER0819
Location: East Region
Duration: Permanent Part Time
Hours: 15 hours per week (2 days per week)
Published: 23rd August 2019
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 13th September
The prime purpose of the role is to work as part of a Project Worker team in providing a safe, pleasant, caring and non-judgemental environment to those visiting family in Mount Joy Prison Visitors Centres. This role is key to the provision of a meaningful service to those visiting the prison complex.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- FETAC Level 5 with childcare is essential.
- Junior Cert Level.
- Knowledge of the Society and its mission and values.
- Knowledge of the needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged.
- Experience of working in the community/ voluntary sector is preferable.
- Experience of working in a caring and non-judgemental role is essential.
- Personal experience of the prison visiting is an advantage.
- Ability to build rapport with both children and adults.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in interpersonal situations both internally and external to the organisation.
- The ability to deal with people in a caring compassionate and pro-active manner.
- Friendly, outgoing and sociable person with the ability to empathise with others.
- Excellent team work skills with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to source and share information.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer