Tacú Family Resource Centre, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, wishes to recruit a suitably qualified person for the role of Youth Development Worker.
This post is part-time, permanent – Subject to ongoing funding.
The Youth Development Worker will work as part of a team of Tacú Ballinrobe Family Resource Centre with the Voluntary Management Committee and the Project Coordinator to implement the FRC’s three-year work plan, with particular responsibility for Youth Development and promote the aims, objectives and the policies of Tacú Ballinrobe Family Resource Centre.
Experience and Skills Required
- A recognised qualification in the following: Youth & Community Development, Social Studies, Social Care, Social Science, Social Work, or related discipline (at least QQI Level 8)
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with Youth.
- At least 1 years’ experience of facilitating youth programmes.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Clear understanding and awareness regarding National child Protection policies and procedures.
- Experience of working from a community development approach & principal
- A commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
- Competency in computer programmes such as Word, Excel
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written report writing skills
- Assessment skills and evaluation skills
- Proven ability to network
- Open and innovative approach to work
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car to use for work (as travel is required as part of the job)
- Experience of Mind out, B4U Decide, Mindfulness
- Experience of Meitheal model
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
For further enquiries or to obtain a full job description, person specification & Application form please contact Mary Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 20th September at 4.30pm
Interviews will be held on Thursday 26th September