NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Tacú Family Resource Centre, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, wishes to recruit a suitably qualified person for the role of Community Development Worker.
To work as part of a team with the Voluntary Management Committee and the Project Coordinator to implement the FRC’s three-year work plan, with particular responsibility for Community Development and promote the aims, objectives and the policies of Tacú Family Resource Centre.
This post is Part - time, permanent – Subject to ongoing funding.
Experience and Skills Required
- A recognised qualification in the following: Community Development or at least 5 years paid experience of working as a Community Worker.
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing volunteers, Leading and motivating a team.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working from a community development approach & principal
- Experience of running Community Bingo, Festivals, Children Activities, Family Days
- Experience of Fundraising and sourcing funding
- A commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
- Competency in computer programmes such as Word, Excel
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written report writing skills
- Proven ability to network
- Open and innovative approach to work
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car to use for work (as travel is required as part of the job)
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people to develop
- Knowledge of local development and the changing local development landscape
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
For further enquiries or to obtain a full job description, person specification & Application form please contact Mary Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13th September at 4.30pm
Interviews will be held on Thursday 19th September