The L’Arche Community is an international organisation providing residential and day care to adults with an intellectual disability. We have 5 houses in the Ballincollig, Bishopstown and Wilton areas of the city. Alongside this we have a day service and administration offices in Togher.
At the moment we are recruiting for a care assistant to provide support at night-time to the residents in our house in the Wilton area of Cork city.
The successful candidate will have completed or be in the process of completing a QQI Level 5 (8 modules) in Healthcare and must be committed to providing the highest standard of support for adults with an intellectual disability.
In conjunction with this the successful candidate will also have:
- Experience in working with adults with an intellectual disability
- A Person Centred approach and attitude to working with adults with an intellectual disability.
- A high standard of English—both verbally and in writing
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of Advocacy and Human Rights.
- Knowledge of National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
This role is subject to Garda vetting, verification of qualifications and satisfactory references.
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 27th of September for the attention of Jonnie Fitzpatrick
Informal enquiries to Jonnie Fitzpatrick,
Residential Services Coordinator,