NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Care Worker – for Galway Acquired Brain Injury Service, Co Galway
To work individually and as part of a team providing high quality care and rehabilitative support to a Service User to remain independent in their own home, the community while reflecting the objectives of the RehabCare Charter & Philosophy of Care.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- It is desirable but not essential that candidate have relevant qualifications in social care status, acquired brain injury and applied behaviour analysis
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in social care, preferably in working with adults who have brain injuries or other neurological conditions and whom experience emotional, cognitive and/or physical impairment.
- An understanding of the needs of adults with neurological conditions.
- Knowledge of specific strengths and challenges of working with people who have neurological conditions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support service user to carry out rehabilitation programmes for physical, cognitive and emotional impairment.
- To observe and promote equal opportunities and service user’s personal choice and to promote independence, dignity, privacy, fulfilment and other rights of the service user.
- To create and maintain good professional relationships with service user, their family and friends and external agencies and stakeholders
- To contribute to the overall development of the service and promote a positive image of the service users and RehabCare services.
- To participate in creating a nurturing and supportive environment for service users.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Neurological Community Services lead.
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To comply with health and safety legislation and ensure the safe use and regular maintenance of all aids and appliances used within the service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Thursday, 13th September 2019.
Interviews for this role will take place 13th September 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer