Here at Dublin Simon Community, we are working proactively to help resolve the biggest societal crisis of our time-homelessness. Our innovative services are all focused on making home a reality for our clients. We value community, excellence, innovation, respect and integrity and we incorporate these values into each service for our clients. While we provide supported temporary accommodation, we also provide a range of holistic services such as homeless prevention, medium to long term housing, addiction treatment, primary healthcare and other targeted interventions. Our employees are our strongest asset and we have been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 3 years due to utilising the best Human Resource Management practices to demonstrate how much our employees are valued
We have a requirement for a Support Worker on Flexible Contract to join our team. This is a permanent, full-time position where you will work across a range of our services and gain invaluable insights into many areas of our service provision including, Emergency Services, Housing Services and Treatment Services. As a Support Worker on Flexible Contract you will be part of a permanent, full-time group of workers who cover foreseen increases in service demand and anticipated leave in different services. You will plan your rota with your manager weeks in advance in a way that meets service needs.
Among your duties & responsibilities include:
- Build professional relationships of trust with all clients. Treat all clients with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of the Dublin Simon Community.
- Assist the running of the projects and services by ensuring that all household duties are completed in a timely and consistent manner. Ensure that each service and project is maintained to the highest possible standard
- Support the maintenance of the health and safety of each building and the clients in that building. Abide by standard operating procedures relating to: fire safety, hazard management, building checks, sharps disposal and management of challenging behaviour
- Contribute to the creation of care plans for clients. Work with the staff teams to help the client achieve the goals set out in their care plans
- Carry out all administrative duties such as: managing petty cash, record keeping (electronic), record keeping (paper), filing, answering the phone to services and to the public, etc
- Liaise with a range of service providers in the voluntary and public sectors (e.g. housing providers, health care professionals & social welfare). Establish and expand the services available to service users and residents to meet their physical and mental health needs. Advocate for rights and entitlements.
- Engage with staff teams, support colleagues on shift, participate in team meetings as required and be open to reasonable requests from the teams and Service Managers in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- Ensure services and projects are compliant with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines in the following areas: Fire Safety, Confidentiality, Child Protection, Data Protection, Admissions, Case Management and Disengagement. Immediately raise concerns to the appropriate person / persons should any breaches be observed.
What you need
To become the Support Worker on Flexible Contract, you will need a recognised third level qualification to minimum diploma level in one of the following disciplines: social work, social care, psychology or community development. You will also need full-time or part-time experience working in a social care setting.
What We Promise
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Clear Progression Opportunities
- Diverse & rewarding work environment
Location: Dublin City
Application due date: 29/09/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800