Employer: National Family Support Network
Position: Education and Outreach Officer
Hours of work: Part-time – 21 hours per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Salary scale: Executive Officer Standard Scale (Pro-rata)
Contract: Yearly contract subject to continued funding.
Each person holding such office must:
- Possess a relevant qualification in an area of related study (e.g. Education/Training, Community Development, Family Support, Addiction Studies).
- Previous work/voluntary history of facilitation, coaching, mentoring. Awareness or proven relevant experience, particularly in the 5 Step Method desirable.
- Have not less than two years’ experience working in a position in which the provision of education and outreach was a key aspect of the role.
- Willingness to become a trainer in various interventions provided by NFSN is essential
- Experience of working to the principles of community development and a working knowledge of the issues facing families living with drug use.
- Experience in event organising and management.
- Experience of funding applications and report writing.
- High level of demonstrable computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, experience using CRM systems (Salesforce) and website maintenance.
- He/she must be highly motivated with excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be of good character.
- Applicants should be of good health and may be subject to a medical.
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours is essential.
- Full driving licence & access to vehicle essential.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The key functions of this post fall under the following broad headings:
- Organising, facilitating and delivering education, outreach and training interventions and programmes to family support group facilitators and external agencies and volunteers
- Providing a high level of administrative, organisational and IT support required in the organisation of outreach and events
- Promoting and advertising the education and training suite offered by NFSN and developing relationships and networks with key stakeholders
- Providing high quality written materials to support programmes and activities, ensuring up-to-date research, information and good practice evidence is integrated into continuous professional development activities and programmes.
- Utilising effective evaluation approaches to inform participants, clients and commissioners of professional development activity.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate administrative quality control systems.
- Assist in the organising and facilitating of NFSN annual and adhoc events
- Operating within an equal Opportunities Framework and promote equality issues in all aspects of education and outreach provision.
- Identifying funding opportunities to develop aspects of NFSN’s education and outreach work
- Other duties as requested by the organization’s management.
How to apply;
Please send your CV and brief cover letter via email or post to firstname.lastname@example.org or National Family Support Network, 5 Gardener Row, Dublin 1 by 5pm Tuesday 17th September.