The CRC delivers a range of services to children and adults with disabilities both nationally and locally through our centres in Dublin, Limerick and Waterford and our Outreach Services. The mission of the CRC is that by working together we make a positive difference to the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers. Our vision is that people with disabilities achieve their potential and live full lives as equal and valued citizens.
Specified Purpose Contract (Up to Five Year Contract) - Grade VI - Full-time 37 hours per week. Flexibility to work some evening & weekends is essential.
The Training Manager is based in our Adult Services Division in Clontarf, Dublin 3. With overall responsibility for four training centres; Training & Development, Rehabilitative Training CDETB Raheny and CRC Killester, the successful candidate will drive and support the full implementation of New Directions and Value for Money policy across the Adult Services Training Division.
Reporting to the Head of Adult Services, this represents an exciting opportunity to lead a team of staff committed to supporting people with a disability to live self-determined lives as active citizens.
To do this you will need a working knowledge of New Directions Policy 2012, the Interim Standards, Person Centred Planning, the ability to network, building relationships and partnerships with other agencies and create links with businesses and other training organisations.
Candidates for this position should have the following essential criteria:
- a relevant 3rd level degree or post graduate qualification or higher (eg Education, Social Studies, Management etc);
- a minimum of 2 years management experience to include managing teams or departments in a healthcare setting or a training/education environment;
- previous experience in a similar setting, delivering training to adults who have a disability;
- knowledge and experience of QQI accreditation systems;
- working knowledge of New Directions 2012, Interim Standards, Person Centred Planning and an understanding of organisational change;
- a rights-based approach to service provision with a focus on integration and participation in the community;
- excellent organisational skills and a strong client focus;
- excellent IT skills;
- excellent communications skills – listening, speaking and report writing.
The following criteria is desirable:
- Experience of working as a Designated Officer supporting adults with disabilities in Safeguarding capacity
- A qualification in management, leadership or business
It must be clearly demonstrated in your CV and supporting documentation how you meet the above criteria as short-listing will apply. Salary range: Clerical Grade VI €46,771 - €57,158 per annum.
Applications should include full CV and a letter of application to; Human Resources Department, Central Remedial Clinic, Vernon Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Telephone 8542200, Fax 8542358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries to Catherine Stuart 01 8542251. Please quote job reference number CRC65/19.
Applications must be received on or before 5pm, Friday 30th August 2019.