As a key member of the Management Team, the HR Executive is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the HR function within the ASC ensuring best practice in the recruitment, people management and engagement of all employees across the organisation.
The Anne Sullivan Centre (ASC) provides residential, respite, day and outreach support and care to people who are deafblind throughout Ireland. We provide intensive professional support to adults and children who are experiencing significant multi- sensory challenges. This necessitates a high level of specialised staff engagement with children and adults who often have extremely complex needs and experiences that are unique to this particular demographic of the population.
We continue Anne Sullivan’s legacy by empowering people who are deafblind to pursue meaningful, active and fulfilling lives. We do this by providing care, advocacy and support services in partnership with people who are deafblind, their families, statutory and non-statutory organisations and local communities.
HR Executive - Scope of Responsibility
The position reports to the CEO and is part of the management team within the ASC.
Recruitment & Selection
- Drive and manage all aspects of the recruitment process – from sourcing and shortlisting through to interviewing and extending employment offers.
- New hires onboarding e.g. garda vetting, reference checks, issuing of contracts.
- Managing the induction process.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Manage employee relations caseloads including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, and grievances.
- Coaching managers and team leaders in best practise HR and organisation knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Drive the development and implementation of HR Projects such as Wellness@Work Programmes, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent Management and Talent Acquisition.
- Communicate and implement learning and development policies.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Carry out exit interviews and provide analysis of feedback to the management team.
- Support change management processes.
- Maintain HR files and records ensuring compliance with GDPR, HIQA regulations and the Health Act.
- Manage staff leave providing management with key updates / metrics.
- Lead out on the management of time and attendance systems.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes ensuring up to date with changes in legislation where necessary.
Education and Experience
- Ideally 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Relevant HR degree or equivalent.
- Ideally CIPD Qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of current employment legislation and its application.
- Experience of HR systems an advantage.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Understand how to build and align culture.
- Well-developed conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and flexible can do and adaptable attitude.
- Handling of sensitive information using discretion and confidentiality.
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative as well as in a small, dedicated Management Team.
- 23 day annual leave
- Company pension with company contribution upto 10%
- Financial Assistance for further education relevant to position
- Employee Living the Values Awards
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Flu vaccines.
This is a stand-alone HR role providing both autonomy and opportunity for the right candidate.
Working hours are full time for 39 hours per week Monday to Friday and there is flexibility in relation to both the start/finish times and teleworking.
How to Apply
To discuss any aspect of the role, please contact our HR Services Partner, Derek McKay
– 087 9786427
To apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter via email to email@example.com by Wednesday 4th September @ 5pm.
The Anne Sullivan Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please see http://www.annesullivan.ie for more information.