NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Position Title: Project Leader
Programme: Homeless Services
Locations: City Centre / Dun Laoghaire
Salary: €52,427( Band G point 1)
Work Schedule: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Senior Services Manager
The successful applicant will have
- responsibility for the effective and outcome-focused development, management and delivery of one of Crosscare’s Supported Temporary Accommodation Projects and will work with a team of service manager’s to deliver responsive high quality temporary accommodation to individuals experiencing homelessness.
- be responsible for the daily operation of one specific unit targeting men and women over the age of 18 who are experiencing homelessness with a range of complex needs.
- The aim of the service is to move people out of homelessness and into a long term sustainable home, in line with the DRHE Pathways to Home model.
General Responsibilities include:
- Daily operational management of a Supported Temporary Accommodation Unit .
- Supporting employees within a highly pressurised environment ensuring that they are focused on the aims and objectives of the service and are client focused;
- Facilitating good communication with relevant stakeholders to ensure specified and agreed outcomes are achieved;
- To lead the team in a responsive approach to sector requirements;
- To help create and maintain a safe, caring and stable environment for clients in line with best practice;
- To provide leadership and motivation, conducive to good staff relations;
- To participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure the unit’s compliance with best practice;
- To assist in the compilation and coordination of reports and statistics;
- To participate in an on call system;
- The maintenance and upkeep of the premises, furniture, vehicles and equipment and adherence to local authority fire safety and other standards specified by regulations;
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health and Safety and Welfare at Work Act (1989) and other relevant legislation;
- To ensure that each client receives the highest quality of care in so far as resources allow;
- To ensure that the rights of each client are upheld and respected within the unit
- To ensure that a plan is developed and followed for each service user, focused on a pathway to exit homelessness;
- To support and lead staff in a highly pressurized environment, ensuring they work with a service user focus;
- Promote an ethos servant leadership, of best practice, professionalism, accountability and ongoing learning within the Project;
- To manage the designated staff resources, ensuring that staff levels and skills mix are appropriate;
- To manage the staff rota, including the sourcing of relief staff as required to cover staff absences;
- To record staff attendance and absences in accordance with terms and conditions;
- To assist in recruitment, selection and appointment of staff when required;
- To identify training and development requirements for all centre staff and source relevant training programmes;
- To ensure that staff are aware of and implement current policy and procedures within the unit;
- To ensure that all relevant information on new staff /relief is processed and forwarded to HR files and to the Finance administrator prior to the preparation of the payroll;
- To maintain all records relating to clients, including serious incident and complaints files, in a systematic way and in a safe place;
- To read and ‘sign off’ on all documentation relating to service users on a regular basis;
- To ensure that comprehensive records relating to staff including annual leave, hours worked etc. are kept in a safe and private place;
- To maintain a comprehensive record of all expenditure, including petty cash, within the unit;
- To maintain training records for staff including health & safety training;
- To provide written reports on any aspect of the service as requested.
- To be responsible for the management of the budget for the unit in compliance with approved budgetary procedures, and to ensure that optimum benefit is achieved from available resources;
- To ensure that expenditure is controlled within agreed cash limits and in compliance with approved procedures;
- To prepare timesheets for monthly salaries by the 10th of each month and forward them to the accounts/payroll administrator;
- And, any other duties which are deemed reasonable by the Senior Services Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years management experience and a clear understanding of the current issues in this sector.
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational and leadership skills are essential to this role.
- A primary degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant area is essential.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of providing formal supervision as well as practical experience of managing staff is essential to the role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with people experiencing homelessness.
- Full demonstrable knowledge of the sector and relevant policies.
- Ability to implement new project plans as necessary.
- Demonstrate experience of managing and working within budget.
- Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Effective oral, written and IT communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to a servant leadership approach, social justice and equality.
Applicants should send their CV & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College Dublin 3.
*Please quote ‘Project Leader’ in subject heading of email.*
The closing date for completed applications will be Friday 23rd August 2019 at 1pm.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role