NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Position Title: Deputy Project Leader
Programme: Homeless Services
Locations: TBC – city centre
Work Schedule: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: €44,481(Band F point 4)
Reports to: Project Leader
The job holder will take a lead role, in close conjunction and co-operation with the Project Leader, in the development and implementation of pro-active initiatives designed to ensure that the services operate in accordance with developing needs of service users living out of home and in a manner consistent with Crosscare’s mission and ethos.
- To assist in the daily operational management of the unit
- To deputise for the Project Leader in their absence.
- To help create and maintain a safe caring and stable environment for clients in line with best practice.
- To provide leadership and motivation, conducive to good staff relations.
- To participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure the unit’s compliance with best practice in conjunction with the Project Leader.
- To assist in the compilation and coordination of reports and statistics.
- To participate in an on call system.
- To assist the Project Leader with the maintenance and upkeep of the premises, furniture, vehicles and equipment and adherence to local authority fire safety and other standards specified by regulations.
- Assist the Project Leader to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health and Safety and Welfare at Work Act (1989) and other relevant legislation.
- To ensure that each client receives the highest quality of care in so far as resources will allow.
- To ensure that the rights of each client are upheld and respected within the unit.
- To ensure that a care plan is developed and followed for each service user and encourage client participation in the service.
- In conjunction with the Project Leader, promote an ethos servant leadership, of best practice, professionalism, accountability and ongoing learning within the Project.
- To manage the designated staff resources, ensuring that staff levels and skills mix are appropriate.
- To manage the staff rota, including the sourcing of relief staff as required to cover staff absences.
- To record staff attendance and absences in accordance with terms and conditions.
- To monitor hours worked by all staff and ensure that excess time in lieu is not accumulated.
- To assist in recruitment, selection and appointment of staff when required.
- To identify and act on training and development requirements for all centre staff and, in conjunction with the Project Leader, set up appropriate in-service training programmes and source relevant external training programmes.
- In conjunction with the Project leader, to ensure that staff are aware of and implement current policy and procedures within the unit.
- To ensure that all relevant information on new staff /relief is processed and forwarded to HR files and to the Finance administrator prior to the preparation of the payroll.
- To maintain all records relating to clients, including serious incident and complaints files, in a systematic way and in a safe place.
- To read and ‘sign off’ on all documentation relating to service users on a regular basis.
- To ensure that comprehensive records relating to staff including annual leave, hours worked etc. are kept in a safe and private place.
- To maintain a comprehensive record of all expenditure, including petty cash, within the unit.
- To maintain training records for staff including health & safety training.
- To provide written reports on any aspect of the service as requested.
- To assist the Project Leader in the management of the budget for the unit in compliance with approved budgetary procedures, and to ensure that optimum benefit is achieved from available resources.
- To ensure that expenditure is controlled within agreed cash limits and in compliance with approved procedures.
- To prepare timesheets for monthly salaries by the 10th of each month and forward them to the accounts/payroll administrator.
- And, Any other duties which are deemed reasonable by the Project Leader, or Senior Services Manager.
- Should have practical management experience and a clear understanding of the current issues in this sector.
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational and leadership skills are essential to this role.
- A primary degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant area is essential.
- A minimum of one years’ experience of providing formal supervision as well as practical experience of managing staff is essential to the role.
- The candidate should show an ability to implement new project plans as necessary.
- Demonstrates experience of managing and working within budget.
- Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Must have effective oral, written and IT communication skills.
- Shows an ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice and equality.
Applicants should send their CV & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College Dublin 3.
*Please quote ‘DPL’ in subject heading of email.*
Closing date for applications will be Friday 23rd August 2019 at 1pm
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role