Festina Lente Mission Statement
Festina Lente’s Mission is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression.
Festina Lente was established in 1988 and over the years has developed a wide range of equestrian related activities to people of all ages, from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of learning styles. Central to this is the role of the horse and their capacity to facilitate each person in their preferred activity or programme.
Job Title: Transition Training Programme Facilitator - Full time
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Main purpose: To work with the Programme Manager and the Transition Training Programme Staff in the delivery of a Rehabilitative Training Programme to people with disabilities with an emphasis on person centered planning and personal growth and development.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- To assist in implementing the Transition Training Programme, as set out in the Programme Descriptor, in conjunction with the Transition Training Programme Staff and Programme Manager
- To assist in managing the delivery and quality assurance of QQI modules as set out in the Programme Descriptor
- To contribute towards the evaluation of the delivery of the Training Programme on an annual basis
- To maintain and update training and assessment records for learners in line with the QQI accredited Quality Assurance Programme and HSE New Direction Guidelines
- To liaise with the Transition Training Programme Staff and the Programme Manager in the planning and facilitation of work experience placements
- To act as an advocate for learners involved in the programme
- To implement quality standards as per HSE New Directions Guidelines
- To deliver relevant programmes/classes, as per Programme Descriptor, QQI Quality Assurance Guidelines and HSE New Directions, while accounting for the learning needs and preferences of the learner group
- To liaise with the Programme Manager and contribute to the preparation of activities and records necessary for QQI, HSE New Directions and/or other accreditation
- To develop and write course material including lesson plans, worksheets and to develop or source teaching resources, with consideration to the resources available in the wider community
- To work in conjunction with the Programme Manager and team members to design, implement and review behaviour support plans for service users where appropriate
- To accompany Service Users on a Mid-Week Break once per year.
- To carry out administrative tasks in consultation with the manager to ensure smooth running of the programme
- To build positive relationships and liaise with learner’s family members/guardians and/or support persons
- To work as a keyworker and develop individual person centred plans that support clients to set and achieve personal goals.
- To manage computer records and use IT resources to produce reports
- To keep informed about current issues affecting people with intellectual disabilities and to integrate evidenced based knowledge into daily practice
- To liaise with other organisations/professionals as required
- To comply with the Health and Safety requirements of the organisation
- To attend staff meetings and training as required
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, learners & service users
- To facilitate learners to engage in community based activities on a planned basis and to ensure the health and safety of learners during these off-site events
- Providing support, supervision and/or facilitation of educational programmes with the Day Service and Equestrian Training Programme
- To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
- This job description is not exhaustive and the other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements
PERSON SPECIFICATION: The person appointed to this role will ideally meet the following requirements:
- An appropriate third level qualification in a related field e.g. health and social services, disability management, applied health and social care, special education and/or specialist training etc.
- Experience of delivering training to and supporting people with disabilities or those experiencing social and/or economic exclusion (minimum 3 – 5 years)
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in facilitating person centered planning
- Ideally have work experience teaching QQI courses
- Proven experience of working within a team structure and a strong ability to self manage in a dynamic environment
- Committed to on-going self and professional development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and specific personal attributes- please see description below.
- Welcomes change and is committed to encouraging continuous improvement and learning.
- Manages workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands.
- Has the capacity to integrate well with, and contribute to, an evolving organisation
- Enjoys the outdoor environment and be physically able and fit for the strenuous nature of the post
- Has a good knowledge of IT systems and is computer literate
- Hold a full clean Irish Driving Licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to maintain calm and composed in a busy and demanding environment
- Confidence in one’s own strengths and ability
- Willingness to learn and an openness to alternative approaches
- Highly organised, with a high level of concentration and attention
- Committed to working hard
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
- Solution focused
- Fluent English is required
- Ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: As per HSE salary scales; €26,867 - €41,320 (13 point scale) per annum pro rata
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme
Hours: 39 hours per week: 08.00-16.30 with a 45 minute lunch break at 1.00pm.
Travel & Subsistence: There will be a requirement from time to time to travel outside normal working hours. Travel will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates in the event that a company vehicle is not available for use.
- Access to PRSA Scheme
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Access to Educational Support
- 22 days annual leave pro rata
- Bike to work scheme
Annual Leave: Annual leave will be 22 working days pro rata, exclusive of public holidays. Compulsory annual leave will apply to facilitate closure of services for service user holidays. Annual Leave is taken during Easter, August, October and Christmas.
Duration of contract: Full time Permanent Contract
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Other: Offer of employment will be subject to references and a satisfactory assessment by a Driving Instructor of our choice.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 6th September 2019
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Sabrina Tierney at Sabrina.Tierney@festinalente.ie or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext.207).
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-... .
Interviews will be held: Friday 13th September 2019
Second interviews will be held as appropriate.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society