Job Title: Food Rescue Driver (Part Time-Evenings)
Reporting to: Logistics Coordinator
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
Contract Period: 1 Year Contract, 15 hours per week
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a national charity fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. We source food that is surplus to requirements, from food retailers and manufactures, and redistribute this to local charities and community groups who provides meals to vulnerable people (individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, and recovering from addictions).
Our Hub in Dublin works to serve Charities and Community Food Members (CFMs) in the Leinster area. The Hub in Dublin is open Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm to receive deliveries from various food companies; producers and retailers, and redistribute this food to CFMs in the most efficient way possible. This is implemented by the Hub Supervisor and team with the help of volunteers.
About The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of a proven organization that has already made real community, environmental, and business impact. The key duties of this role are: daily collection and delivery of surplus food from retailers and food business partners to local charity and community groups. This is a customer facing position that consists of loading vehicles, route planning, vehicle checks, and directing volunteers.
Person and Skill Specifications:
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills.
- At least 2 years experience of working in food distribution.
- Driving experience, full, clean driver’s license, automatic van.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience with multi drop deliveries/collections.
- Experience in optimising route planning
Willing to train
- Willing to train and operate our WMS software system
- Willing to train to the required recognised Food Safety and Health and Safety qualifications
- Willing to adapt and assist with the daily workload in the warehouse
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply, on a daily basis, with issues including food hygiene, health and safety, security of the van, and the safety and wellbeing of all van staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a positive relationship and good communication with food supplier and community member recipient projects.
- Work with the Hubs Supervisor to develop new operational and logistics procedures, and lead on the implementation of these procedures.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to support implementation of Volunteer Program.
- Load and unload vehicles, and distribute product to charities on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the vehicles used by the Hub are inspected, maintained, roadworthy, and legal (taxed and insured, etc.).
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of yourself and others around you.
- Comply with all FoodCloud Hubs policies and procedures and with industry standards as required by food donors and regulators.
- Comply with monitoring and regulation systems as required for the organisation's activities and report on these regularly to the Hubs Supervisor.
- Other duties as required per business needs.
Foodcloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events. A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues.
Part-time. Normal working hours 15 hours per week, 7pm until 10pm and may include weekends and seasonal support in the warehouse, based on demand.
Applicant must hold or be willing to gain Level 1 certification in Food Safety for Catering. Applicant must hold a full, clean Irish category B driver’s license. For insurance purposes, the applicant must be at least 21 years of age and have held a full Irish driver’s license for over 12 months.
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Timeline & Process: The role will begin with immediate effect.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you think you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 26th August 2019.