Aspire has offered support and information to people who have Asperger Syndrome and their families since 1995.
Our mission is to provide supports to people with Asperger Syndrome that will help them to fulfil their goals, to provide information to them and their families, and to promote an understanding in the community.
Our Vision is a world where people with Asperger Syndrome have the same opportunities to work, socialize and participate as everyone else.
Our Values are inclusion, equality, promoting understanding and achieving aspirations.
We are recruiting a Part Time Social Care Worker to join the team in our Residential Service in Ballinteer. The main purpose of this role will be to provide practical, needs based supports to our two residents and to promote independence, choice, community inclusion and quality of life.
This is a great opportunity to join an experienced team in a developing and progressive service. We offer full and ongoing training and Continuing Professional Development, as well as opportunities to learn about the wider work of the organisation. The roster can be quite flexible and may suit a person in part time education.
Job Title: Residential Social Care Worker
Location: Dublin 16
Hours of work: Minimum of 3 sleepover shifts per month (16 live hours with 8 hour sleepover). Further shifts will be offered if available.
Salary: On application
Reporting to: Social Care Manager
Recruitment Process: Selected candidates will be invited for interview. Successful candidate will be offered the role subject to clearing Garda Vetting, a reference check and 2 month probationary period.
Closing date: 12th of September 2019
The role is to:
- Provide daily practical needs-based support to individuals with Asperger Syndrome within the unit and contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming and caring residential environment
- Actively promote independent living skills in service users, and facilitate the development of existing skills and new skills.
- Actively encourage resident’s participation in the community, and facilitate outing, trips and links with local groups and clubs.
- Participate in regular team meetings and communicate progress and challenges of key working process to team.
- Facilitate weekly residents meetings.
- Maintain written reports and complete daily paperwork.
- Follow medication administration procedures, including documentation procedures, and report any bad practice to Social Care Manager
- Report on any incidents that occur and bring them to the attention of on-call immediately and the Social Care Manager when available.
- Adhere to Health & Safety standards of Aspire by following procedures of unit and documentation of same, and ensure that the health and safety of each service user and other staff is central to day-to-day activities.
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness of residential setting at all times, and ensure that all procedures relating to safe food practices be carried out and documented.
- Adhere to all Policies, Procedures, Regulations (in particular HIQA Framework), Employee Handbook, and working practices of Aspire.
- Participate in Staff Training and Professional Development practices.
This list is not exhaustive
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- Social Care Qualification or similar at degree level or higher
- Relevant experience in a residential setting
- An understanding of the challenges faced by people with Asperger Syndrome and measures that can be put in place to support them
- An understanding of mental health conditions and associated supports
- Knowledge of HIQA standards and experience implementing and developing policies
- A genuine interest in the provision of quality supports to service users
Candidates who do not possess the relevant qualifications will not be considered for the role.
If you feel that you would be a positive addition to our team and would like to apply for this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our CEO Aileen Cruise at email@example.com.
Aspire- The Asperger Syndrome Association of Ireland.
The Carmichael Centre, Coleraine House, Coleraine Street, Dublin 7
www.aspireireland.ie / 01 8780029
CHY 11438 / CRN 231996