SUNBEAM HOUSE SERVICES
Sunbeam House Services provides a range of supports to adults with intellectual disabilities. We aim to empower people with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens in their local communities.
We are currently recruiting for
Social Care Worker Posts (Various Roles – Permanent & Part-Time)
Bray, Rathdrum & Arklow Co. Wicklow
We currently have exciting opportunities for qualified Social Care Workers and those studying towards qualification to join our services in residential settings based in Arklow, Rathdrum & Bray. As a Social Care Worker, you will be involved in supporting clients to achieve their personal outcomes to build on their potential and to develop positive roles within their home and in the community. Working hours will be variable including day shifts, sleepovers and weekends.
Why join Sunbeam House?
Firstly, it’s our team, 530 staff from 17 different nationalities working across 45 locations. Our staff provide residential, day services, training, employment, individualized and respite and self-directed supports to the 420 clients we support. Our culture is what makes us great as a team and we strive to make a difference every day.
It takes a unique type of person to join our team, people who are passionate about supporting other people to live a more independent and fulfilling life in line with our core values.
Social Care Workers - Must hold or be in the process of obtaining QQI level 7 in the area of Social Care.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals.
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy.
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities.
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care.
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence.
Applicants must have:
- A passion for promoting and empowering those you support
- A team player wiling to lone work as well as working as part of a team
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Available to work over a seven-day work period
- Hold a full driving licence
- Post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability
Our benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration (HSE consolidated pay scales)
- 25 days annual leave pro rata
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive Training and Further education supports
- Career Development
- Flexible family working arrangements
Short listing of candidates will apply.
Closing Date for receipt of applications: 31st August 2019
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer