Merchants Quay Ireland would like to recruit a Mental Health Case Worker for its Open Access Service
- Relevant QQI Third Level 7 social care or similar discipline qualification and a minimum two years’ experience of working within low threshold services, working directly with clients using a case management approach.
- Vocational Qualification QQI Level 5 min, in the area of Mental Health or working towards qualification.
- Substance misuse knowledge/harm reduction, suicide and self-harm awareness.
- Understanding of the issues faced by service users with mental health and/or dual diagnosis challenges.
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in assessing risk presented by clients to themselves and others.
- Ability to deliver a range of services in a person centred, non-judgemental manner.
- Proven track record in/ability in managing incidents of verbal and violent aggression.
- Awareness of current legislation and policy that impacts and influences service delivery, such as the Mental Health Act.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience.
- Collaborative Team Work.
- Able to work flexibly.
- Adaptable and able to work in a challenging and changeable environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed objectives and targets.
- Recognising the indicators of deteriorating mental health, discussing and agreeing the appropriate intervention to be proposed.
- Working with service users to promote recovery and a more independent lifestyle.
- Encouraging service users to recognise, understand and manage factors that affect their mental health wellbeing.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
Salary: €30,260 - €37,800
Contract: Contract of Indefinite Duration
Hours: 39 hrs per week (work pattern 7.15am – 9pm)
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com before the closing date of 5pm on Friday 23rd August 2019. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Mental Health Case Worker – OAS071906 in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.