NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Relief Project Workers
Location: Tullamore, Co. Offaly / Athlone, Co. Westmeath
Reporting to: Line Manager of Emergency Accommodation Service
Hours of work: Residential work
- To develop strategies to prevent people from becoming homeless in the Midlands.
- To improve the quality of life for clients who might find themselves homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in the Midlands, through the provision of accommodation and services which support and empower people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Campaign for the right to appropriate accommodation and services for those who are homeless, and challenge the causes of injustice, inequality and social exclusion.
Midlands Simon Community is committed to:
- Working in solidarity and partnership with people affected by homelessness and striving for social and economic justice, social inclusion and equality of opportunity.
- Believing in the power of individuals to make informed choices and so to recognise the rights of individuals to actively participate in decision making processes that affect them.
- Challenging structures that serve to marginalise, discriminate against and exploit people who experience homelessness.
- The fundamental concept of equality.
- The distribution of power which does not discriminate on grounds such as age, gender, political beliefs, race, ethnicity, class, religion, disability, sexual orientation or membership of the Travelling Community.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- To work for Midlands Simon Community within the authority delegated to him/her by the manager
- To provide a wide range of interventions, support and supervision to service users within a residential setting
- To assist the manager and other staff members in the day to day running of the service
- Any other duties as designated by the manager
Please fill out attached application form and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Friday 23rd August at 5pm
Provisional date for Interviews: Friday 30th August
Please note that due to the level of interest, we will not be in a position to contact candidates who are not shortlisted. Midlands Simon Community is an Equal Opportunities Employer. To find out more about Midlands Simon Community and to stay up to date with the latest news and opportunities, make sure to connect with us online @ www.midlandssimon.com