Ref No: HSM/August 2019
Titles: Homeless Service Manager - Northwood Green, Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contact name: email@example.com
Respond is the largest housing association in Ireland providing social housing and homeless services. We are building our team of people with ambition and ability to achieve our aim to meaningfully address the housing and homelessness crisis Ireland. If you have the skills and ambition to be part of this mission why not contact us.
Respond Housing Association is pleased to invite applications for the following position:
Homeless Service Manager - Northwood Green, Ballymun, Dublin 11
Role: Homeless Service Manager
Location: Northwood Green, Ballymun, Dublin 11
Reporting to: Terms: Homeless Service Coordinator
Terms: Fixed-term Full-time Contract
Job Purpose: To lead and manage the homeless service ensuring the efficient operation and provision of support to the families residing at the service
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day Management of the service
- Develop a positive relationship with Respond stakeholders and act as a Respond ambassador
- Have overall responsibility for the co-ordination and carry out of assessments and allocations for all Respond properties on site.
- Monitor and proactively manage rent payments and minimise arrears issues
- Monitor and manage maintenance related issues for the estate, liaise with building contractor(s) as required under the direction of Respond technical team as and when required.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team liaising on a daily basis with internal and external clients and agencies
- Build relationships and represent Respond to various external bodies, groups and agencies. Including community, statutory and private bodies
- Develop the centres policies and procedures.
- Adhere to professional boundaries and work in a professional manner at all times.
- Complete accurate written records and/or reports where necessary.
- Handle enquiries, liaising with outside agencies where necessary with a view to further develop the service
- Responsible for the general upkeep of the centre
- Coordinate attend and participate in staff meetings and staff training.
- Identify and pursue initiatives that support the activities in the centre.
- The development of staff management and support systems including:
- Staff recruitment, induction, training and development
- Day to day management and supervision
- Staff appraisals
- Report writing and file maintenance
- Implementation of disciplinary procedures as required
- Ensure staff promotes the family’s individual Care Plan.
- Ensure staff run in-house programmes including: time management, money management, cookery classes, nutrition, employment support, personal development, health and beauty, child development.
- Ensure the safety and security of all residents, employees, volunteers and the service.
- Contact Gardaí and utilize panic buttons where appropriate.
- Carry out and report security checks, including property checks, occupancy checks and room checks.
- The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may vary from time to time.
- A relevant third level qualification is essential
- Experience at middle management level
- Experience of co-ordinating and developing social projects ideally in the field of social housing or social exclusion
- Experience in property and facilities management and maintenance is highly desirable
- An understanding of social issues relating to the area of community development, housing and social exclusion
- Demonstrate confidence and sympathy in dealing with residents
- Be outgoing, self motivated, relaxed and enthusiastic & flexible
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and organisational skills
- Experience of working with budgets and targets
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and administration skills
- Good computer skills
- An ability to act as an internal and external ambassador on Respond! issues
- A full driver’s licence and full use of a car is essential
- Garda Vetting will be conducted on an ongoing basis
Terms: Fixed Term Contract – Monday to Friday - 39 hours per week
To apply: Please email CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is close of business on Tuesday 20th August 2019