Job Title: Receptionist / Administrator
Available under the Community Supported Programme (POBAL). This position is open to candidates that are in receipt of a Department of Social Protection payment at the time of commencing the role.
Position: 22 hours
- Tuesday: 9.00 – 2.15pm (15 min break)
- Wednesday: 12.15 pm -9.45pm (1 hour break)
- Thursday: 12.15 pm – 9.45pm (1 hour break)
Reporting To: Services Manager
Location: Bray, Co Wicklow
1. JOB SUMMARY:
Due to the size and structure of our organisation you may be called upon to assist in other areas of work related to your skills and experience. We seek to recruit a person who is flexible, co-operative and a committed team player.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Care of Our Clients
- To be the initial point of contact for prospective clients, to meet and greet them with warmth and in a non-judgmental manner.
- To treat all clients and visitors to the Centre with respect and confidentiality at all times.
- To manage initial client appointments in accordance with established procedures.
- To provide assistance to a cross-section of people seeking information and advice about the Centre and, where necessary, to refer enquiries to relevant staff or other appropriate external services.
- Prepare and distribute a counsellor newsletter on a quarterly basis.
- Answering phone calls and taking messages.
- Recording and distributing mail.
- Maintaining records of incoming donations and making banking lodgments.
- Updating Notice Boards.
- Maintaining offices supplies.
- Filing, Photocopying, Emailing, Mail shots etc.
- Provide support to the management of the Centre.
- Responsible for the compilation of our statistics.
- To input client information and monthly data from counsellors into our client record management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- To generate monthly, quarterly, annual reports as required.
- To keep our website and facebook pages up to date.
- To ensure that the client reception area and counselling rooms are properly maintained.
- To ensure fresh water and clean glasses are available at reception upon clients arrival.
- To ensure that the building is secure at night with all windows and doors secured and all electrical appliances turned off and unplugged.
- To undertake other duties as requested from time to time.
3. REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THIS POST:
It is essential that the successful candidate(s) possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, including clear speech and a professional telephone manner. For this post you will also require excellent organisational, time management and computer skills. A working knowledge of a client record management system such as Salesforce would be a strong advantage.
This position is open to candidates that are in receipt of a Department of Social Protection payment at the time of commencing the role. Please ensure you fit the criteria before applying.
4. REQUIREMENTS EXPECTED OF ALL LIVING LIFE STAFF:
- To demonstrate a sound work ethic, support the mission of the Living Life Counselling and have the ability to work within its values, policies and procedures.
- To be aware of and sensitive to the needs of our clients.
- To undertake work in a manner that is friendly, flexible, courteous and respectful.
- To be discreet and aware of issues of privacy and confidentiality.
- To be a team member and to participate in the efficient flow of information to all work colleagues.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to the hours of attendance and to be willing to cover for absent staff members when necessary.
- To report any area of concern to management in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in staff meetings and engage in staff appraisal as required.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for a position please forward your letter of application with your CV to: Amanda Clooney at email@example.com.
Closing date for all applications is: 30th August 2019.