West Limerick Resources CLG.,
Title of Job: Education & Employment Development Officer
Main Purpose: Education & Employment Development Officer: This worker will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team facilitating a range of group activities. The worker will provide information and support on an outreach basis to existing groups of long-term unemployed people on opportunities in education, training and employment, to enable them to access relevant supports.
Responsible to: The Education & Employment Development Officer will be accountable on a day-to-day basis to the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme SICAP Co-ordinator of the Company and will work closely with other members of the SICAP staff team especially the Employment Advocates and Education & Training Co-Ordinator. The Education & Employment Development Officer will attend regular team meetings and will keep the Co-Ordinator and Manager updated and informed at all times on the progress of his/her work.
- Providing advice & Information to clients to help them prepare for education/ training/ employment/self-employment through caseload management
- Assessing clients present suitability for employment, training and or further education opportunities.
- Support the development of tailor-made education/training/employment initiatives
- Providing information on Education & Training, employment/self-employment related opportunities
- Matching clients’ skills with existing employment / education options.
- Facilitating group training to target group as needed.
- To work with key partners to develop a collaborative approach to the needs of the clients
- Liaise & work with Employers to have greater understanding of the target group and develop opportunities to recruit from same
- Documenting policy issues being identified through engagement with clients.
- To identify and resource funding which assists in the development of new initiatives
- To work in close co-operation with the wider staff team of West Limerick Resources CLG
- To facilitate the delivery of actions as detailed in the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP) assigned.
- To work closely with other staff in the overall planning and evaluation of the West Limerick Resources CLG., Strategic & SICAP plan
- To be responsible for the preparation of such reports as are required.
- To represent the organization as required locally, regionally and nationally.
- To undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in pursuance of the specific aims and objectives of West Limerick Resources CLG.
- To seek to ensure that all services are provided in an effective and appropriate manner, which takes account of the needs of the target groups
- Third Level qualification or equivalent in Training, Education, Career counseling, Business, or Community Development.
- Proven experience of working with target group on a 1:1 basis & thorough familiarization with the range of supports available to them
- Experience of working with Employers on issues of employment supports & opportunities
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a local development organisation or similar
- Competent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs particularly Word, Excel PowerPoint, Databases / filing systems.
- Experience of inter-agency liaison and collaboration.
- Have a full clean driving license.
- Able to establish relationships with long-term unemployed people that are based on respect, trust and empathy.
- Ability to facilitate groups and group work
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with communities, statutory bodies, employers and unemployed people
- The position requires an experienced individual who possesses a high level of interpersonal skills, is a good team worker and self-starter.
- Able to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding of issues around reintegration of long-term unemployed people into the labour market
- Has experience of working with disadvantaged adults in a developmental capacity
- Has a knowledge of education/training systems and programmes including recent labour market developments
- Has knowledge of the range of services/supports available to assist the long-term unemployed access employment/self employment opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of effective approaches to job placements.
Salary: The salary scale commences at €32,182 per annum. (Pro rata)
PARTICULARS OF EMPLOYMENT
Position will be based in Newcastle West with outreach element. A full job description and application form are available from West Limerick Resources CLG office in Newcastle West or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The nature of the work may require working unsocial hours (evenings and weekend). A time off in lieu system is in operation within the Company. A fixed term contract from September 2019 to 31st December 2019 is offered.
Please submit completed application form marked Confidential to the Manager, West Limerick Resources CLG, St. Mary’s Road, Newcastle West Co. Limerick no later Friday 23rd of August @ 5pm.
Candidates may be shortlisted for interview. A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies will be filled.
Canvassing will disqualify.
West Limerick Resources CLG is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity.