NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Title of Post: Corporate Fundraising Officer
Reporting: Corporate Engagement Manager
Salary: Scale TBC
Vision: “An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society”
Mission: Peter McVerry Trust (PMVT) is committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage through the principal of a Housing First model. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger persons with complex needs, which offer pathways out of homelessness within a framework of equal opportunities, dignity and respect.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
An exciting opportunity for an engaging, personable and self–motivated individual to join the team working to deliver Peter McVerry Trust’s Fundraising & Marketing Strategy. The Corporate Fundraising Officer will work closely with the Corporate Engagement Manager to deliver on corporate fundraising targets. This individual will work with the fundraising team in achieving overall targets and goals, and delivering these to high standards within established deadlines. If you are comfortable interacting with professionals, are results-orientated, and enjoy working within a varied and ambitious environment, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Corporate Fundraising Manager, the role holder will:
- Provide support to current corporate donors and partners – stewarding relationships to further develop Peter McVerry Trust’s fundraising potential with these supporters.
- Assist with the organisation of corporate fundraising activities and events to help build Peter McVerry Trust’s profile and engagement with the corporate sector.
- Research & identify a pipeline of opportunities for revenue generation and progress these in line with agreed KPIs.
- Assist with the administration and account management of existing corporate partnerships & relationships.
- Prepare digital content such as social media posts, website or brochure content and copy to support corporate fundraising activity.
- Prepare documents for the Corporate Engagement Manager for meetings and presentations.
- Assist with the co-ordination of major corporate fundraising appeals – newsletters, campaigns, Corporate Christmas appeal, including preparation of corporate database lists, liaising with printers and designers, and meeting deadlines.
- Support Peter McVerry Trust’s employee fundraising and engagement opportunities & activities, such as volunteer activities and groups.
- Ensure that all activities comply with Peter McVerry Trust’s Fundraising Policies and Procedures, as well as all legislation governing charity activity including GDPR.
- Work towards agreed KPI’s and objectives on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Any other duties as identified by the Corporate Engagement Manager to further develop the portfolio of partnerships and income from this sector.
- Third level qualification.
- Strong communication skills – written, and verbal. Strong presentation skills beneficial.
- An interest in, and understanding of, the business and commercial sector.
- Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of new media and technology.
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Strong people skills.
- Willingness to attend fundraising events outside of normal working hours – evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of Peter McVerry Trust.
- Access to a car is desirable but not a requirement for this position.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to changes as is required within the fundraising team.
To apply, please download the PMVT application form from http://www.pmvtrust.ie/about-us/vacancies/. Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the HR Department, 29 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1
Closing date 19th August 2019
Peter McVerry Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Peter McVerry Trust Operations Ltd Registration Number 412953 Charity Number CHY7256