NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Title of post: Corporate Engagement Manager
Reporting to: Head of Major Gifts & Partnerships
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Vision: “An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society.”
Mission: Peter McVerry Trust is committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage through the principle of a Housing First model. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger persons with complex needs, which offer pathways out of homelessness within a framework of equal opportunities, dignity and respect.
An excellent opportunity for highly motivated, dynamic and strategically-minded individual to join the Peter McVerry Trust fundraising team and to lead on the corporate engagement objectives of the organisation.
The Corporate Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing the corporate fundraising strategy to grow income and impact from this sector in line with Peter McVerry Trust’s Fundraising & Marketing Strategy. This position offers significant opportunity to develop the corporate portfolio to achieve income targets, and to develop strong and sustainable relationships with existing and new supporters, donors and partners. This will involve proactively devising and implementing initiatives and campaigns to grow fundraising income as well as engaging with employees, customers and/or management to meet corporate social responsibility expectations and priorities. Activities include managing existing relationships and developing new revenue opportunities; securing corporate donations, partnerships and sponsorships; preparing grant applications, proposals and reports; enhancing existing appeals and events; and developing new employee engagement activities.
This is a key role within the charity for an experienced, professional fundraiser who will be responsible for achieving ambitious targets within an evolving CSR sector; developing new and sustainable funding streams and partnerships in an area of significant growth and potential within the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Head of Major Gifts & Partnerships, the role holder will:
- Work closely with the Head of Major Gifts & Partnerships to further develop the corporate fundraising strategy and associated operational plan; which involves developing existing and new relationships with high-level donors;
- Develop relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) to help track and manage progress during the implementation of the strategy and operational plan;
- Review KPIs and appeal/work plans regularly with the Head of Major Gifts & Partnerships.
- Meeting agreed income targets and quarterly KPIs;
- Identifying network and market opportunities; including suitable high-value and long term partnerships, as well as funding and grant initiatives;
- Managing existing corporate partnerships, building positive relationships with donors, maximising potential income and reaching monthly targets while recruiting new prospects;
- Developing corporate engagement opportunities, including corporate support packages, employee volunteering and other engagement activities;
- Leading on sales and new business development programmes, identifying well researched prospects with a view to securing long-term and short-term corporate partnerships;
- Preparing high quality grant applications and proposals to secure support and delivering presentations and status reports as necessary for donors, ensuring excellent stewardship;
- Working closely with colleagues on key events and appeals to ensure optimum success, and to optimise the opportunities for corporate involvement in events and initiatives;
- Carrying out appeal/work plans in a timely and effective manner to achieve set targets;
- Ensuring activities result in sustainable income generation;
- Ensuring that fundraising activities are carried out within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Third level qualification in business, marketing, sales or a related discipline.
- 3+ years’ proven track record in a team lead or management position within a relevant role. Experience within a charity or not-for-profit organisation is desirable but not essential for the role.
- Strong commercial acumen and a proven ability to consistently deliver on financial targets and meet agreed KPIs.
- Excellent relationship management skills with proven experience in account management and/or donor management.
- Proven experience in developing new business and strong sales pipelines.
- A good working knowledge of the not for profit/charity sector and of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives.
- A track record in identifying and engaging corporate prospects.
- An innovative thinker with strong business and commercial acumen.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team, as well as collaboratively across an organisation.
- A full clean, driving license and own car.
- Willingness to attend fundraising events outside of normal working hours – evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of Peter McVerry Trust.
- A creative and solution-driven attitude to work and to ensure positive interactions with management, staff and participants of Peter McVerry Trust.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to changes as is required within the fundraising team, and subject to any other duties consistent with the position as may be assigned by the Head of Major Gifts & Partnerships or Director of Fundraising.
To apply, please download the PMVT application form from http://www.pmvtrust.ie/about-us/vacancies/. Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the HR Department, 29 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1
Closing date 19th August 2019
Peter McVerry Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Peter McVerry Trust Operations Ltd Registration Number 412953 Charity Number CHY7256