Personal Assistant required to assist female with a physical disability to live an active, independent life.
Hours of Work: 25 hours per week
Location: Dublin 15 area
The successful candidate will receive a Specific Purpose contract of employment from Trustus we care CLG but will report to, and receive direction from, the individual receiving the service directly as they are responsible for recruitment, management, & supervision of their own staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties including but not limited to-
- Personal care: assistance with personal hygiene requirements i.e. showering, help with toileting etc.
- Light domestic duties: Laundry, shopping, meal preparation, cooking, light housework, occasional driving etc.
- Assist with general maintenance and day to day running of necessary equipment e.g. a powered motorised wheelchair
- Lifestyle: employment assistance required in the areas of 1] making and receiving telephone calls 2] dictation 3] data entry 4] reading documents 5] organising the workspace 6] travel
- Accompanying the individual to appointments, activities, meetings and social occasions / events
- Assistance at home with household chores and related tasks
- Any other duties that facilitate the individual to live a positive, active life and participate fully in their community.
- Empathy with client needs, including willingness and ability to take instructions and direction from a person with a disability
- Flexibility essential
- Personal discretion while maintaining and respecting confidentiality at all times
- Competent in a professional and social environments
- Available to attend mandatory training which is provided by Trustus we care
- Clean personal habits and neat attire.
- Please note this is not a medical role.
- Minimum of two modules of Health Care or Social Care level 5
- Remuneration: €12 per hour prior to completion of mandatory training and a short compatibility trial period, increasing to €12.50 per hour.
- Because of the personal care duties involved, and in line with section 26, subsection 2 of the Employment Equality Act 1998, the individual requiring the service asks for female applicants only.
- Garda clearance required.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: short listing of applications will apply