NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny)
Do you have the vision & passion to be a key driver and champion of supporting people to live self-determined lives?
St Patrick’s Centre is currently in a transition period as we move from a congregated setting to community based supports which will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are looking for Social Care Workers for 39 hours p/week to provide holistic, person-centred care, promoting optimum independence, enhancing the quality of life for people with intellectual, physical or sensory disability in all aspects of daily living. He/she should be flexible in their approach to service provision and have the ability to work as a team member. He/she will be required to take an active part in ensuring that day-to-day operations of the Services reflect the ethos and vision of the St. Patrick’s Centre, and that the needs of the people supported are being met through professional work practices.
Salary Scale: Linked to HSE Social Care Worker Salary Scale.
- 3rd Level Qualification of at least Level 7 related to Social Care.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Full Clean Drivers Licence Essential
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Experience working and supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Experience of working with persons with behaviours that challenge
- Excellent experience of report writing
- Flexible, Responsible and mature approach to work
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards
- Excellent Written, Spoken and Listening skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Excellent Decision Making skills
- Excellent Leadership skills
Please submit the application form along with a CV and a cover letter to: HR, St Patricks Centre, Kells Rd, Kilkenny or via email to HRDept@stpatrickskilkenny.ie. Full job description & application form available from http://www.stpatrickskilkenny.com Enquiries to Adrienne Hayes or Helen Hogan on 056 772 2170. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th August 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you