NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY!
Cheshire Ireland provides quality services and accommodation to adults with physical,sensory and neurological disabilities at a medium and high level of need. We provide individualised supports to promote wellbeing, independence and quality of life for all people who use our services. We currently provide services to over 200 people in their own homes, in residential centres, in supported accommodation and in respite facilities. Established in Shillelagh, Co.Wicklow in 1963, Cheshire Ireland are a Section 39 organisation funded by the HSE. We employ over 800 staff and operate in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Wicklow, Limerick, Donegal, Kerry, Carlow, Waterford, Sligo and Mayo.
This is a permanent full time contract (37hrs per week – excluding breaks). The successful candidate will be based in Central Office, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18 with the requirement to travel nationally as part of the role.
What we do
Cheshire Ireland’s services strive to ensure that all people using their supports live a good life and have valued roles in the lives of their families and communities.
As a Cheshire Ireland employee you will be committed to the provision of quality services and supports.
What you will do.
Operating in partnership with a Regional Team and individual services, you will be responsible for ensuring employment-related regulatory and legislative compliance in all services.
Informed by best practice and case law, you will be committed to achieving excellence and continuous improvement in the delivery of operational HR solutions at every stage of the employment life cycle.
You will engage with Trade Unions in the interests of promoting and maintaining a positive industrial relations climate and you will play a role in local trade union negotiations and the resolution of complex employee relations issues. This will include involvement in the drafting of submissions for 3rd party hearings.
You will work independently and responsibly with good use of own initiative and you will prioritise and manage a wide and varied workload.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will:
- Have a third level qualification in Human Resource Management; Be CIPD accredited;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a HR Generalist, HR Partner or HR Officer role (experience of working in a HR role within a unionised environment would be advantageous);
- Have the ability to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice;
- Have excellent analytical and report writing skills with the ability to work to deadlines;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels;
- Be proficient in MS Excel and Word to intermediate level
- Be In possession of the necessary documentation to work and live in the Republic of Ireland and be able to speak & write English fluently;
- Have a clean driving licence and own car
- Be willing to travel for work outside of normal working hours when required;
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Flexible Working Hours
- Exposure to a broad range of HR areas
- Sick Pay Benefit
- Maternity Benefit
- Career Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To apply for this post please forward a detailed CV via email to: HR@cheshire.ie
Closing Date:- Wednesday 14th August 2019
Ref Code: HRP/CO/July 2019
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunity employer.
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda Vetting Unit.