Person in Charge (PIC)
39hrs per week (Full – Time / Permanent)
What is L’Arche?
We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities of faith. Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our life together. We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need for one another. L’Arche Cork is one of three L’Arche Communities under the governance of L’Arche Ireland, L’Arche Ireland being the employer of all staff within the communities.
We are recruiting for the position of Person in Charge (PIC) to provide leadership and support to our residential service in our Cork community. The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of adults to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives and must have essential qualifications as outlined in the Job Description. The role is a 39 hour week and will require a high level of flexibility and occasional weekend working to reflect the needs of the residents.
The successful candidate will:
- Take an active part in the life of the L’Arche Cork community
- Assume day to day management responsibility for the delivery of the highest standards of care to core members (residents).
- Ensure that the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the core members are identified and that strategies and care plans and practices are in place to reflect the response to needs identified.
- Ensure that the dignity, humanity, and value of each core member is a permanent feature of all practices.
- Assume the role of the Person in Charge (PIC) in all matters dealing with the regulator (HIQA)
- Work with the other L’Arche communities in Ireland on common issues as required.
See attached Job description for further details.
Salary Scale: Social Care Leader- €45,969 - €53,709
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email to email@example.com
Informal enquiries to Vivienne O’Brien – 087 2434897
Closing Date: Friday 23rd August 2019 (extended due to contact details error); Shortlisting will apply
Interviews will be held on 28th and 29th August 2019
L’Arche Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
All posts are subject to Garda Vetting