NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Finance Manager and Oversight of IT
The Daughters of Charity Community Services (DoCCS), located at 8-9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, is a community-based organisation providing a range of educational, training and social care services for children, young people and adults living in Dublin’s North Inner City. Our services are targeted to individuals and families experiencing socio-economic and educational disadvantage.
The Finance Manager and Oversight of IT role:
Contract: Part-time permanent: working 20 - 25 hrs per week over 4 days (flexibility is offered regarding start and finish times)
Reporting to: Director of Services
Salary Scale: €42,834 - €49,795 pro rata. Salary will be set commensurate with skills and experience.
- To work with the Board of Directors and Director of Services to design and implement the finance strategy of the organisation.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual management accounts for the Board of Directors,
- Preparation of annual budgets with Director of Services, supporting Managers with service budgets and the monitoring of same.
- Assist and support the annual financial audit of the organisation with the appointed auditor and assist and support any financial auditing required by our statutory and private funding bodies.
- Manage weekly payroll and reconcile salaries and wages across the organisation.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual management accounts Preparation of annual accounts using SORP accounting for charities.
- Managing of all aspects of accounting functions and processes of the DoCCS, as per funder requirements and other statutory obligations,
- Lead the outsourcing for the IT system throughout the organisation and manage the outsource provider on behalf of DoCCS.
The full job description is attached below
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified (newly qualified candidates will be considered),
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE and Excel and an understanding of SORP accounting,
- Interest in the vision and mission of DoCCS
- Experience of Change Management
- Strong analytical and technical skills,
- Excellent communicator,
- Strong financial controls ethos,
- Experience of working as part of a team,
- Financial management experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector, would be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Accounting qualification with 2 – 5 years’ experience including budgeting, management accounts, departmentalised management accounts, budget versus actual accounting information, payroll.
- Preparation of annual accounts using SORP accounting for charities
- Knowledge of accounting software Sage Line 50 or similar and payroll software
- Plan and work efficiently to establish priorities and allocates time and effort accordingly, identifying possible obstacles to planned achievement
- Breaks down complex activities into manageable tasks
- Experience in managing staff and of organisational management.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organisation - Board; Director; Middle Management; and Departments
- High level of verbal/written skills
- Constant external communication with funders, financial institutions and revenue commissioners on routine and complex issues
- Experience of professional organisational representation e.g. with funders and other key external stakeholders.
- Recommends decisions for the organisation on accounting methods and procedures
- Contributes to major decisions at management level
- Solves any problems arising on day to day basis
- Seeks out new and/or additional duties, demonstrates ability to generate new ideas and acts on them accordingly
- Constantly maintains high standards of behaviour and performance, exercising due care and discretion ensuring necessary and sufficient controls are in place to safeguard the financial health of the organisation.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with external parties and colleagues.
Please complete the attached application form and submit with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Louise Mullins, HR Manager, Daughters of Charity Community Services, 9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1.
Please note: CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: Monday, 19th August at 11am. Interviews for this position will be held on Friday, 23rd of August. Applicants must be available on this day for interview.
The Daughters of Charity Community Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer