NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Catholic Institute for Deaf People
Job Title: Social Care Worker - full time
Reporting to: Management team (Team leader/ Care Manager of St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus)
Location: Primarily between St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus. At times, the successful candidate may be called upon to work in St Joseph’s House for Deaf and Deafblind Adults based in Stillorgan
Salary: Subject to qualifications and experience
Contract duration: Permanent
St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus provides a range of specialised services to young Deaf people who attend the schools that share the same campus. We operate during term time only. We seek to offer a homely environment for all boarders with an emphasis on facilitating their personal development to achieve their full potential whilst involved in education. We seek to achieve a reputation for innovation and a strong commitment to high standards in terms of our practice. The needs of our boarders are our highest priority and guide us in our work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility;
- Implement operational plans as determined by the Care Manager
- Ensure compliance with practice with organisational policies, procedures, national legislation, Children First, HIQA/TULSA and other applicable standards
- Contribute to the recording of complaints and incidents of concern
- Undertaking the creation of personal care plans and ensuring that they are followed and regularly reviewed
- Facilitate the development of boarders’ life skills, education, and personal goals through the key worker role
- Work with a range of other service providers working with the boarders
- Engage with parents/carers of boarders on an ongoing basis
- Supervise evening activities and support the boarders in their education.
- Plan trips out and promote integration into the community.
- Participate in reflective supervision with the Social Care Leader/Care Manager
- Additional tasks are included in the role of Social Care Worker
- Minimum Level 7 Degree in Social Care or related social science degree, Applied Social Studies, Community and Youth Work or Deaf Studies
- QQI (Formerly FETAC) Level 3 in Irish Sign Language or commitment to achieve within 12 months and QQI Level 4 within two years
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience of working effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide services to young people either in the community or within a residential setting
- Experience of working in a boarding/residential care setting
- Experience of providing of receiving reflective supervision to facilitate professional development
- Experience of HIQA/TUSLA or equivalent audit processes
- Leadership potential
- Be creative and innovative
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Willing to participate in change initiatives
- Be reliable
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by close of business by 5pm on Wednesday 14 August 2019.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP are subject to Garda Vetting
HR & Governance Manager