The Board of Louth LEADER Partnership invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following Post:
Social Economy Development Officer Co. Louth
Our Mission: Louth LEADER Partnership will promote, assist and engage in social development and enterprise development to facilitate rural and urban regeneration and community development designed to benefit and promote the welfare of local communities to deal with the causes and consequences of social and economic disadvantage or poverty. Louth LEADER Partnership CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
Title: Social Economy Development Officer
Status: One year initial fixed term contract – 17.5 hours
Location: County Wide
Reporting to: Social Inclusion Manager
Note: This is a part time post with flexible working arrangements
The Social Economy Development Officer will be responsible for the delivery on the recommendations as set out in the Co. Louth Social Enterprise Strategy. The Development officer will play a lead role delivering on the social inclusion actions outlined in the SICAP programme 2018-2022, and will work in close collaboration with the staff team in the coordination and development of the SICAP Goal 1 strategy of the Partnership.
This Person will likely be a graduate with an enthusiasm for and belief in the value of Social enterprise as a business model. This person needs to have skills in relationship building and be a good connector; they need to be an innovative thinker, an ideas generator, a networker across sectors with an ability to build trust across different sectors. They need to have a business as well as a community development background. They need to build legitimacy across different sectors to enhance the sector. They need to be able to work with boards of directors.
- Lead on implementing the recommendations outlined in the Social Enterprise Strategy County Louth 2019
- Build effective working relationships with existing Social Enterprises in the catchment area, evaluating capacity and developing support plans where required
- Develop a mentoring programme to assistance to local community groups (LCG’s) who wish to develop income streams by helping them carry out research, feasibility studies and prepare business plans.
- Assist LCGs in raising finance to develop social entrepreneurial activities
- Develop, implement and evaluate a pilot small grant programme aimed at Social Enterprises in catchment area
- Assist emerging and established social enterprises to develop and expand by providing information, referrals, and innovative supports and help promote their services locally through supporting networking and the promotion of social economy models.
- Implement mechanisms for ongoing evaluation of social enterprise supports.
- Establish and participate on an advisory board on the development of a social enterprise sector for County Louth.
- Explore identify and source EU opportunities for social enterprise support
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned in agreement with the CEO where such requests are reasonable.
Financial & Admin
- In conjunction with the Social Inclusion Manager and Financial Administrator, draw up annual budgets and monitor and control spending.
- Meet periodically with the SICAP management team to report and plan on activities/policies in relation to the service and provide a monthly Executive Report to the Partnership Board.
- Prepare financial and operational returns to the Social Inclusion Manager, Board and external funders.
- Maintain IRIS local community group (LCG) management system and all related project files.
- To conduct and contribute to the collection of data to monitor the impact of the SICAP programme.
- Compliance with data protection and GDPR standards
- Contributing at a local and national level to the formulation of policy and best practice in the provision of supports to social inclusion LCG’s and SICAP target groups.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including community, statutory and voluntary agencies, the Local Community Development Committee, Local Enterprise Office, ILDN Social Enterprise Committee, issue based networks and the PPN.
- Maintaining the public profile of the Partnership and furthering its aims through the development of an effective communications policy and strategy.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Expertise:
The Social Enterprise Development officer will be able to demonstrate practical experience of employment and education issues affecting individuals and communities. A relevant third level qualification and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar type role is a minimum requirement.
Skills and Attributes
- Candidates should have a very good standard of education and preferable but not essential hold a degree from a recognised third-level institution, preferably in a relevant discipline such as, business development or a field relevant to the nature of the post. (Essential)
- A candidate may be appointed who does not hold a degree but who possesses a very considerable amount of job-related experience. (Essential)
- Post graduate qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Business Development at QQI Level 8. (Desirable)
- Candidates must have at least 3 years experience in a similar environment. (Essential)
- Candidates must possess extensive knowledge and/or experience of the economic development. (Essential)
- Candidates must have proven group work skills, facilitation experience and networking abilities. (Essential)
- Experience of working directly in mentoring and business supports. (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. (Essential)
- Excellent organisational, administrative and ICT skills. (Essential)
- In-depth knowledge of social enterprise. (Essential)
- Accurate and methodological approach. (Essential)
- Experience of using Case Management System. (Desirable)
- Flexible, with willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours. (Essential)
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to develop positive working relationships with a wide range of people and organisations. (Essential)
- The Social Economy Development Officer may be allocated other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Social Inclusion Manager and Partnership Board. (Essential)
This post is offered on a weekly 17.5 hour flexible basis, is its continuance is subject to funding from our funders.
Location of the post holder will be in LLP’s offices and will be required to attend meetings across our office network. We reserve the right to relocate to any of our offices with due notice.
Access to a car and full driving licence is required.
- Applications must be made by way of an Application Form only, with a detailed cover letter to the Chairperson, Louth LEADER Partnership , Partnership Court, Park St, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91V2KF
- Applications accepted by Hard Copy Only: By Post or Hand Delivery
- Closing date for receipt of applications is 27th of August @ 1pm (no late applications will be accepted).
- Interviews will be held on the 2nd of September 2019
- Job description and application form are available for download on our web page www.louthleaderpartnership.ie
- Please note this post may be subject to Garda Clearance.
- Louth LEADER Partnership CLG is an equal opportunities employer.