EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
Cheshire Ireland provides quality services to adults with physical,sensory and neurological disabilities at a medium and high level of need. We provide individualised supports to promote wellbeing, independence and quality of life for all people who use our services. We currently provide services to over 200 people in their own homes, in residential centres, in supported accommodation and in respite facilities. Established in Shillelagh, Co.Wicklow in 1963, Cheshire Ireland are a Section 39 organisation funded by the HSE. We employ over 800 staff and operate in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Wicklow, Limerick, Donegal, Kerry, Carlow, Waterford, Sligo and Mayo.
The person we are looking to recruit will be contracted on 37 hours per week on a permanent contract in Cara Cheshire Home. This service is based in the Phoenix Park, Chapelizod, Dublin 20.
What we do?
The Care Cheshire Home provides support and accommodation to adults with physical disabilities. As a Service Manager, your role is to manage the residential service and lead the staff team in supporting individuals to live their best possible life.
How we work.
Cheshire Ireland services are based on clear principles of supporting people “one person at a time”. As a Cheshire Service Manager you will be committed to the provision of quality services, to the concept of working in partnership with clients, and to supporting them to develop and hold valued social roles and a variety of meaningful relationships within their communities.
What you will do.
Operating as a member of the Regional Team and reporting to the Regional Manager, the Service Manager will lead, manage, and develop the Cheshire service.
The Service Manager will be committed to achieving the highest standards of excellence and the delivery of continuous improvement in standards, safety, quality and service delivery in line with the organisational and regional team objectives. He or she will have excellent leadership skills.
The Service Manager will also be required to take on the role of PIC (Person in Charge) for HIQA purposes.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Full Clean Driving Licence Essential
- A third level qualification or relevant professional qualification
- Evidence of a Management Qualification e.g. Fetac level 6
- A minimum of 3 years management experience within the disability, broad personal social services or healthcare sector.
- Strategic leadership and people management skills and experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and current policy and developments in the disability sector.
- Knowledge of the HIQA Inspection process
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Strong computer skills.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Flexible Working Hours
- Maternity Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Pay Benefit
- Career Opportunities
- Induction and on going training
To Apply For This Post Please Forward A Detailed CV Via Email To: email@example.com
Closing Date:- 19th July 2019
Ref Code:- SM/Cara/JULY19
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunity company.
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda Vetting Unit.