A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Care Worker P&S for Galway Accommodation Service (ABI)
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, but are not limited to, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Work Experience not essential but would be a distinct advantage
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management.
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Acquired Brian Injury, Autism, Intellectual Disability, Acquired Brain Injury, Epilepsy, and Downs Syndrome
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice and risk assessments at all times
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please and to apply please click here.
Closing Date: Friday, 26th July 2019.
Interviews for this role will take place Wednesday, 31st July 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer