Job Title: Head of Finance and Support Services
Location: Coolmine TC Head Office, 7 Ringwood Centre, Damastown, Dublin 15
Reports to: Chief Executive
Job Type: Full time permanent contract
Hours: 35 hours per week or 28hrs/4 days a week option
Salary Range: 67k - 70k per annum for 35hrs a week
Purpose: To embrace the vision, mission and values of Coolmine and provide leadership in finance, risk, IT and compliance
Contact Email: Justinah.email@example.com
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland since 1973. Coolmine is a company limited by guarantee not having share capital and a registered charity. The annual turnover is in the region €3.5 - €4 million currently.
The Head of Finance and Support Services is a key member of the Senior Management Team reporting directly to the Chief Executive. This team provides strategic leadership and management oversight to safeguard quality service delivery to our clients and their families.
The Head of Finance and Support Services provides strategic leadership for:
- Financial planning and management
- Financial performance management and reporting
- Strategic use of IT resources and support
- Risk management oversight
- Audit, risk and compliance
The Board of Coolmine has a Finance subcommittee which reviews all matters in relation to finance and associated compliance for the organisation. The Head of Finance and Support Services prepares reports for and briefs this committee. The Head of Finance and Support Services also assists the Chief Executive in reporting to the Audit and Risk committee.
Financial planning and management
- Oversee and implement resources planning including leading the budget process
- Financial analysis and scenario planning
- Provide due diligence and oversight in cost modelling for new service delivery
- Budget Preparation in consultation with management and presentation of same to Board for approval.
- Board Reporting – Income & Expenditure Summary reports; Balance Sheets, Cash- flow statements.
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Communications to plan for income generation
- Ensure payroll and pensions are effectively managed and compliant with legislation.
- Prepare investment plans, funding applications, proposals and tender documents for new service delivery in collaboration with Chief Executive and senior management team.
Financial performance management and reporting
- Reporting and strategic advice on financial performance including cost control
- Provide management accounts and professional analysis that support effective charity reporting and compliance
- Present finance reports in a timely manner to the Board subcommittees
- Hold secretariat function at finance subcommittee.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Management Team to ensure that restricted funding is used effectively and accounted for
- Build effective relationships, including timely reporting submissions and meeting schedules, with core state funders including Health Service Executive and Probation Service Ireland.
Strategic use of IT resources and support
- Co-ordinate delivery of a planned IT strategy, within budget and in collaboration with IT manager
- Ensure a fit for purpose organizational IT strategy is in place to safeguard service delivery to our clients
- Provide oversight for all information and communication technology functions and policies
- Support the development the IT function to provide effective and reliable information
- Ensure compliance of IT Data with GDPR and other relevant standards and protection to negate cyber-security threats.
Risk management oversight
- Co-ordinate implementation of Coolmine’s risk management strategy and associated systematic approach to risk identification and management
- Ensuring that risk management, risk register, meets good practice, appropriate for Coolmine’s responsibilities and scale of activity.
- Manage all insurances for Coolmine
Financial audit, risk and compliance
- Ensure effective and robust processes suitable for compliance reporting and audit
- Have responsibility for the annual audit
- Provide oversight of all contractual relationships and obligations for legal and financial due diligence
- Maintain and review Coolmine’s financial policies and systems and test annually
- Ensure the organisational risk register is effective and review annually
- Ensure that Coolmine meets its legal obligations and maintains its reputation through sound financial management.
- Manage the process of internal audit
- Develop a culture of performance and continual improvement in resource management
- Provide a cost effective resources function to aid competitiveness
- Take on project lead initiatives when requested by the Senior Management Team
- Candidates for the position of Head of Finance and Support Services should be qualified accountant with at least four years’ post-qualification experience.
- Leadership in managing and motivating finance and non-finance staff
- Experience of Financial Management in the not for profit sector
- Experience of liaising and development positive relationships with public funding bodies such as Health Service Executive
- Preparation of financial statements for statutory audit
- Knowledge of IT systems
- Experience of risk management systems
- Proven capacity to give clearly understandable financial management advice to governance boards and colleagues
It is desirable for candidates to demonstrate the knowledge in the following areas:
- An understanding of charity legislation and regulation
- An understanding of compliance requirements for companies registered in the Republic of Ireland
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client interfacing skills
- Strong IT skills- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Standard Accounting software packages
- Experience in working and meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with a high professional ethic and identify with the work of Coolmine
- Experience of line management and development of staff
Interested candidates who meet the Persons Specification requirements should send their cover letter & CV to Justinah Bello, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12:00noon Friday 26th July, 2019.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.