JOB TITLE: Accounts Administrator
LOCATION: 368/370 South Circular Road, Dublin 8
JOB TYPE: Permanent subject to ongoing funding
Hours: 40 hours per week
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Works as part of the Daisyhouse Housing Association staff team in their responsibility for the delivery of the strategy, operational plan, budget, overall performance of the charity. Work across all areas of the organisation including supporting fundraising and the support team.
The primary objective is to ensure that the CEO is fully supported to carry out the organisation goals and objectives through taking full responsibility for the delivery of all aspects of accounts and financial management and key administrative and office support functions.
Accounts & Financial Management -
- Recording all accounts entries accurately and timely for Rental Income and Receipts, Debtors, Creditors, Bank and Cash up to and including monthly Management Accounts in line with SORP
- All aspects of compliance including VAT and Revenue Returns, statutory audit and Funders’
- Supporting fundraising personnel ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on all in relevant databases (eTapestry) and filing systems.
- Preparation and presentation of reports in a timely and accurate manner
Office and Administrative Support-
- Responsibility for all aspects of day to day operations of the office including telephone, post, visitors and meetings, back-up and support to the CEO and other staff.
- Collating data from all teams and preparing quarterly HAPM Report and other relevant reports
- Managing all contracts with service providers
- Managing and maintaining appropriate records and files in compliance with the Data Retention Policy
Other responsibilities -
- Any other reasonable duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required.
- Adhere to Daisyhouse Housing Association policies and procedures.
- Treat all colleagues, clients, residents, tenants, volunteers, and members of the public with dignity and respect.
- Participate, as appropriate, in staff forums and meetings.
- Contribute to organisational processes of policy formulation.
- Ensure that management are kept informed of any significant matters arising
- Accounting Technician qualification (or pursuit of this qualification or equivalent)
- Experience in using QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, including accounts and audit preparation
- Highly PC literate and competent using MS Office Skills
- Excellent telephone manner and high fluency in both written and spoken English
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding the NGO sector.
- Experience of CRM systems
- Experience of Health and Safety
- Familiarity with the community and voluntary sector
- Commitment and empathy with Daisyhouse Housing Association’s goals and values.
- Excellent project management skills and flexible in approach to work and able to prioritise work effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and take the initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload.
- Willingness to be self-servicing, with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- Strong Communication
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
Post: Accounts Administrator
- Salary paid: By bank transfer monthly in arrears nominally on 28th of each month
- Holiday: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Flexi-Time: Available
- Location: 368/370 South Circular Road, Dublin 8
- Hours of Work: 40
- Travel & Expenses: Expenses and mileage for work related trips will be paid.
- Garda Clearance: Required
To apply, please email your CV together with your cover letter to email@example.com no later than Monday 29th July 2019
If you are successful with your application and are offered a position with Daisyhouse Housing Association, the offer may be conditional upon you:
- Successfully completing Garda Vetting/Police Clearance
- Producing evidence to show that you are entitled to live and work in Ireland
- Verification of qualification
- Completion of 2 successful reference checks
*Please note that only those who meet the requirements above will be considered.
Daisyhouse is an equal opportunities employer.
ABOUT DAISYHOUSE HOUSING ASSOCIATION
Daisyhouse Housing Association is a 30-year-old, registered charity and Approved Housing Body supporting individuals out of homelessness. We do this through the provision of Supported Temporary Accommodation combined with uniquely tailored individual Personal Support Programmes to individuals who are homeless. We provide this service for an 18-month period so that they can break the cycle of homelessness and be empowered to move forward to independent, safe, sustainable living. We also provide a fully comprehensive resettlement programme.