NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Since its inception in 2000, the mission of Business in the Community Ireland (BITCI) is to harness the power of Irish business to maximise its positive impact on all its stakeholders. It is a non-profit organisation, which supports and engages business to accelerate their transition to more sustainable and inclusive business models.
By working with businesses in Ireland, we make an impact on education nationally and in local communities. We work with Ireland’s leading companies on addressing key educational issues. From tackling the retention rate in post primary schools and improving literacy skills for young children to fostering a pipeline of talent and training educators, we work with hundreds of companies and schools all over Ireland to create mutually beneficial and lasting partnerships. Marks & Spencer Ireland has been the lead sponsor of the initiative since its inception.
Job Title: Kildare / Laois / Offaly Regional Coordinator
Job Purpose: To manage the Schools’ Business Partnership programme between schools and their partnering companies engaged in the Schools' Business Partnership in the Kildare / Laois / Offaly region
Reporting to: Head of Education
Direct Reports: None
Travel/ Driving License Required: Yes
Contract 1 year Fixed Term Contract – 2.5 to 3 days per week
- Recruit companies as needed (none required at present);
- To promote all BITCI initiatives and programmes in the region to ensure growth and expansion of initiative;
- To lead and facilitate the existing partnerships between schools and companies in the region and provide a high standard of support service to ensure that each partnership is of the highest quality;
- Liaise with school and company coordinators and the school principal;
- Facilitate schools and companies in planning the annual programme and all its elements/sessions;
- To utilise existing resources as efficiently as possible to meet programme objectives;
- Oversee the evaluation process and ensure schools and companies complete the evaluations in a timely fashion;
- To contribute to the development of the delivery plan for programmes and implement accordingly;
- To prepare and implement an annual personal action & development plan;
- To ensure evaluations are completed and draft the local annual report for all partnerships and to feed back the outcomes to companies and schools in the region with a view to ongoing development in each link;
- Create and maintain regional files on company server (H Drive) for each partnership and ensure records are updated regularly; to maintain STARS (CRM system) up to date at all times to ensure accurate and timely information and communications;
- To manage expectations of companies and schools in your region;
- To provide a professional service to all companies and schools;
- To effectively communicate relevant, accurate and timely information to Manager, Programme Coordinators, Administrative Assistants and the SBP team as per the SBP annual communications plans;
- To use IT as a cost effective method of communication, continuously updating and improving your skills.
- To contribute to establishing best practice in the work of SBP;
- To liaise with BITC staff, especially those working in your region and to be familiar with BITC programmes and events
- To be familiar with current developments in the business and education sectors
- To research and support new programme developments
- To effectively promote and publicise the through local press and/or radio
- To actively contribute to a healthy, safe, secure and productive working environment
- To actively promote equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practice, diversity, individual rights and choice in all aspects of your work.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge:
Education/ Qualification/ Knowledge
- Leaving Certificate with a minimum of 7 years experience working in a Business or Education environment, or:
Graduate with a minimum of 4 years working in a Business or Education environment;
- Broad understanding of business operations (Sales and Marketing, Finance, HR, IT);
- Knowledge of Irish business landscape.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Experience of managing relationships with senior executives and delivering presentations to a high level audience;
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations/ facilitating relationships of parties in a partnership scenario.
- Experience of Project Management
Skills/ Personal Attributes
- Time Management
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills
Desired Qualifications and Knowledge:
- CRM Database (MS Dynamics or similar)
- Train the Trainer qualification/ experience of delivering training
- Literacy enhancement and or reading support for children
- Experience of programme evaluation and impact assessment
- Social media experience.
What we offer:
- Generous Annual leave: 22 days annual leave per year pro rata, rising to 26 days after 1 years’ service
- PRSA: Option to join the Company’s PRSA scheme after six months' service
- Flexible working practices
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Volunteer days: two days paid leave per annum to be spent volunteering in the community and voluntary sector
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Taxsaver commuter scheme
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via email to Evelyn Moriarty, HR Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 19th August.
Business in the Community Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff.
Business in the Community Ireland has a policy of interviewing candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.