Kingsriver Community has exciting opportunities for 2 enthusiastic residential managers to provide live-in care in our home. Applicants require the desire and passion to help us grow our residential care services while maintaining our quality and commitment to excellent service.
Kingsriver has been providing residential and day programmes for people over the age of 18 with a variety of support needs for over 30 years. We have our own person centred approach to our work which has been developed over many years with love and care, a lot of fun and creativity and a constant focus on the uniqueness of each individual whose care, well-being and progression has been entrusted to Kingsriver.
Applicants need to have appropriate management and people skills and have relevant experience working with people with intellectual disabilities. Successful candidates must satisfy the criteria to take on the role of Person-in-Charge (PIC) for HIQA compliance matters (3 years management experience & relevant 3rd level qualification).
These posts are full-time permanent positions offering competitive salaries.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO the residential managers are responsible for:
- Day-to-day management and administration of Kingsriver Community residential service;
- Provision of a high quality, person centred residential service in accordance with national regulations and standards;
- Managing the development of opportunities for residents in Kingsriver Community to be in, and part of, the wider community and give people in the wider community more opportunities to be part of Kingsriver Community.
- Day-to day management of expenses and finance matters of residential care, and operating within budget allocations;
- Maintaining and sustaining the unique ethos that exists in Kingsriver; encouraging recognition of residents and participants as individuals and ensuring their needs and opportunities are given priority;
- Fostering an inclusive process with key stakeholders consistent with our mission, values and ethos;
- Day to day management and ensuring that HIQA and all other relevant statutory regulations are at appropriate compliance level
- Reporting to and advising CEO on all residential care matters
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation, legal requirements and advances, proposed variations in residential care
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate third level qualifications in Health/Social Care/Intellectual Disability or similar.
- Evidence of continuous professional development;
- Significant relevant experience in managing residential care for people with intellectual disabilities and/or autism.
- Proven ability to create safe and welcoming home environment and ethos for residents;
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team;
- Financial Management skills;
- A clear knowledge and understanding of the Health Act 2007 Regulations and associated amendments and standards on the provision for day and residential services in the intellectual disability and autism sector, including New Directions;
- In-depth knowledge of intellectual disability and autism;
- An outgoing and friendly personality with strong empathy and communication skills;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Ability to work as part of a Management Team.
If you feel you have the qualities, experience and values to take on this role, please email your application, addressed to Kevin Collins, Chairperson, outlining the fit between your skills and the qualifications and experience required, together with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 26th July, 2019.
Kingsriver Community- Ennisnag - Stoneyford - Co. Kilkenny www.kingsriver.ie