NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Mullingar Training Development Agency (Mullingar CTC) provides vocational and life skills training to early school leavers. Our courses are designed to enhance the learner’s potential to learn new skills and achieve relevant certification necessary for progression into employment, further training or continued education. This role responds to learner needs through the provision of a variety of flexible training options, which ultimately supports their move into the workplace or another learning environment.
The Mullingar CTC Board invites applications from enthusiastic & self-motivated individuals for the position of:
Sports & Fitness Instructor – 12 month Fixed Term
Applicants should possess:
- A formal Qualification in the Subject Matter or related area of Sports & Fitness, of at least QQI Level 6
- A recognised QQI Level 7 qualification in Training & Education or similar
- 3 -5 years’ experience of working with young people in a training environment
- The ability to integrate & assist with I.T. based learning, Literacy Development & other Pedagogical Skills & approaches.
- The ability to provide guidance to new & emerging learners.
- The ability to work effectively with Staff, Learners, External Partners, Employers & others as appropriate to support learner progression.
- A learner-centered approach to the work.
- Creativity to design & deliver flexible training options
- Excellent administration, communication & listening skills.
- An awareness & working knowledge of QQI awards & key state agencies who work with early school leavers
The salary associated with the post is €31,652. This is based on an incremental scale including Long Service increments & a maximum starting point applies.
Mullingar CTC offers an excellent package including contributory pension and opportunities for continuous professional development for the successful candidate. This post requires Garda Vetting clearance and receipt of satisfactory references prior to appointment.
Applications which must include a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and clearly marked which position is being applied for and returned to:
The General Manager, Mullingar TDA at Bishopgate St, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath or via email to: Recruitment@Mullingarctc.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications is noon on 19th July 2019.
Shortlisting may apply. A Job Description is available on request to the email address above.
Mullingar CTC is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Canvassing & late applications will disqualify.