Person in Charge (PIC)
39hrs per week (Full – Time / Permanent)
What is L’Arche?
We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities of faith. Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our life together. We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need for one another.
We are recruiting for the position of Person in Charge (PIC) that provides leadership and support to a service for adults in a residential setting with intellectual disabilities in L’Arche Dublin (Baldoyle, North Dublin). The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of adults to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. The role will normally be between the hours of 9 to 5. However, it will require a high level of flexibility and occasional weekend working to reflect the needs of the residents.
The successful candidate will:
- Take an active part in the life of the L’Arche Dublin community
- Assume day to day management responsibility for the delivery of the highest standards of care to core members (residents).
- To ensure that the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the core members are identified and that strategies and care plans and practices are in place to reflect the response to needs identified.
- That the dignity, humanity, and value of each core member is a permanent feature of all practices.
- Assume the role of the Person in Charge (PIC) in all matters dealing with the regulator (HIQA)
- To work with the other L’Arche communities in Ireland on common issues as required.
The above description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of our needs at any time. The full job description below should be consulted.
Special Note: This role will may suit an individual who is entering a PIC role for the first time as extensive induction, on-going supervision and support will be given to the successful candidate.
Salary €34,000 - €40,000 per annum DOE
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email to email@example.com
Informal enquiries to Peter Shiels –086 2395811
Closing Date: Friday 5th July 2019
Short listing will apply.