Job Title: Drug & Alcohol Project Worker. Part time
Report to: Rehab Co-ordinator & Management Team
Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the Provision of a Community based Drug & Alcohol treatment support, family support, harm reduction, rehabilitation and aftercare service for individuals over 18 years
Location: Dublin 8
Start Date: Immediate start, post Garda Vetting
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Essential Criteria for the position
- Have a relevant qualification (minimum FETAC Level 7 or equivalent) e.g. social care, addiction; nursing, community or youth work together with qualification/training in Motivational Interviewing (MI), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Relapse Prevention.
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant employed work experience in addiction, community development, health & social care, education or related fields including experience of crisis support, key working, case management and group facilitation
- Have an understanding of the current National Drugs Strategy, Substance Misuse Strategy, National Drug Rehabilitation Framework, logic model reporting, QUADS and/or Safer Better Healthcare (SBHC) Standards
- Additional Training Desirable: CRA/CRAFT
Desirable Criteria for the position
- Experience with facilitation of Creative Arts classes e.g. Drama, writing, dance, music, art.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To work with service users in addressing their day-to-day substance misuse issues.
- To be there as a support for adult male and female service users
- To assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of educational, life skills and personal development workshops. To co-facilitate such groups and sit in as required.
- To manage a case load of participants, preparing care plans, key-working on a one to one basis.
- To maintain and update accurate day-to-day records.
- To undertake any other administrative duties as and when required.
Personal and Team Development:
- To liaise with Rehab and Training Co-ordinator.
- To attend supervision.
- To undertake relevant training and development opportunities as provided by the programme.
- To undertake housekeeping/care-taking duties of the project as requested.
- To work within and adhere to RADE’s policy and procedures guidelines.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- An awareness or experience of working in the area of addiction / community development / social inclusion.
- An ability to communicate and work safely with participants maintaining strictest confidentiality.
- An ability to work with participants professionally.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- The ability to work as part of a team, and on own initiative where required.
- To be aware of and adhere to RADE’s mission, values, aims and objectives
Salary commences on Point 1 of the HSE Social Care Worker salary on a pro-rata basis. For more details check out https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/benefitsservices/pay/
Please submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae outlining your suitability by Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Post at “Michael Egan, RADE, OLV Building, Cathedral View court, Off New St, Dublin 8”.
Interview Date: 5th July 2019
Queries: Please address any queries you may have to Michael Egan, Programme Director Tel: 01-4548733; email@example.com
Closing Date of Application: 21st June 2019
As this is a new job description, Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance