Camphill Community Dunshane, are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the following positions.
Social Care Vacancies x 2 Full time posts
The job’s purpose is to support the intentional community, in developing and formalising a person- centred culture, and to achieve a high quality of personal outcomes in a time of rapidly changing regulatory requirements, while maintaining Camphill’s ethos and values.
To provide residential and lifestyle supports to adults with support needs, in an intentional community, by being part of a team of employees and volunteers creating a positive living experience to the residents living in the community.
This role will involve:
- Working with and inducting volunteers in the practical aspects of their roles and coaching/modeling desired ways of working on an ongoing basis;
- Creatively supporting people to develop and pursue their aims & goals and engage in their leisure interests as well as coaching and leading volunteers in appropriate ways to support people to achieve the same;
- Delivering supports to individuals in regard to personal and intimate care and ensuring that they are provided to the highest standard in a person-centered approach;
- Creating a warm, homely and inviting home both atmosphere and appearance, conducive to the development of adults with special needs;
- Ensuring that all issues in relation to health & safety, food, nutrition, cleanliness & hygiene, record keeping, keeping of proper accounts and compliance with Camphill’s policies and procedures are always met to the highest standards
- Engaging constructively with the Management Group and communicate any issues or concerns proactively;
- Adhere to best practice and compliance with the National Standards for Residential Services for Adults with Disabilities.
- Attend staff team meetings and resident meetings as appropriate
- Flexible approach to working patterns and cover shifts as identified in the roster.
- Ensure all incidents are recorded in line with best practise,
- Maintain high professional standards and confidentially.
Key Job Requirements Attributes and Qualifications:
- Level 7 Degree related to Social Care.
- Full Clean Driving Licence;
- 2 years’ experience within the area of social care
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards and regulations.
- Experience in supporting people who display challenging behaviour;
- Ability to be highly motivated and reliable.
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Flexible, responsible and mature approach to work.
- Excellent problem solving
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Be a conscientious person, with a passion for excellence
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Contract: Initial one-year period subject to a 6-month probation.
Please direct all enquiries to Stephen Sheaf at 045-483958. Full Job Description and Person Specification are available on request. Applications will only be accepted by email to Stephen.email@example.com with letter of application and CV attached. Camphill is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date for applications will be Wednesday the 26th of June 2019
Please direct all informal inquires to Stephen Sheaf at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on 045483628