FAITH AND ETHNIC COMMUNITIES WORKER - FULL TIME
ACET is looking for a Full-Time Faith and Ethnic Communities Worker to join the Core Team in their response to HIV in the Greater Dublin Area.
The post includes:
- Coordinating ACET’s rapid HIV Testing project, following in-house training.
- Delivering Awareness messaging on HIV within and alongside faith communities and ethnic associations while working alongside local community leaders.
- Cooperating with the CEO in engaging with print, radio, TV and social media in highlighting the changing reality of HIV and the role of HIV testing.
- Participating in all relevant activities of ACET’s Core Team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A third level qualification (or equivalent) in the area of health promotion, intercultural studies, theology, sociology, community work or a relevant field.
- A minimum of the equivalent of two years’ experience of working with migrant-origin faith communities or ethnic associations in a Western European context.
The post-holder will be expected to have a strong commitment to the Christian aims and ethos of ACET, which can be applied, to the delivery of this project. The person will be expected to try to ensure that the Christian vision of ACET is a natural part of the life and work of the Core Team. This is a genuine, legitimate and justified occupational requirement of this post with regard to ACET’s ethos.