EmployAbility clg provides employment support to people with a range of disabilities and health issues to help secure and maintain paid employment in the open labour market leading to independence and career progression. A full-time vacancy has arisen for an Employment Support Specialist (Job Coach).
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To conduct an individual assessment of the Participant.
- Assist in the sourcing of appropriate employment.
- To respond immediately when issues arise concerning the Participant’s wellbeing.
- To maintain high professional standards and confidentiality at all times.
- To participate in training and development programs.
- To provide on-the-job training and assistance to the Participant throughout the job placement and where necessary complete the task in accordance with employer standards.
- To report on a regular basis regarding the Participant’s progress.
- Provide on-the-job coaching as required and assist in the integration of the job seeker into mainstream employment.
- To conduct interviews with the Participant and other stakeholders to determine the Participant’s employment aspirations, experiences, abilities, skills, and potential obstacles.
- To establish a rapport with the Participant and develop a positive working relationship.
- To ensure that the Participant is actively engaged in all phases of the job placement process
- To identify potential employment opportunities through accessing existing employment data, conducting employment surveys and networking.
- To market the EmployAbility Service to both potential participants and employers.
- To complete an environmental analysis to assess whether the workplace will be a supportive environment for a Participant who may need some level of ongoing support from his/ her co-workers
- To arrange job interviews for the Participant and accompany to job interviews as required.
- To act as an advocate for the Participant where necessary.
The successful candidates will have:
- A relevant third level qualification and /or significant relevant experience
- 2 Years of employment agent Experience
- IT Skills
- Evidence of a commitment to people who are marginalized
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to meet targets and deadlines
- A full clean driving licence with access to a car
Salary: €26,201- €43,379 (pro rata).
Please apply with CV and a covering letter to The Co-ordinator, EmployAbility CLG, Unit 15 Bluebell Business Park, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12, D12 X4A0 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Saturday 22th of June 2019 @16: 00 pm
Interviews: Friday 28th of June 2019
A panel may be formed from which future long or short term vacancies may be filled.