Title: Drug & Alcohol Family Support Worker
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 28 hrs excluding lunch (Maternity Cover)
Remuneration: On Request.
Primary Objective: To provide supports to family members over 18 affected by substance misuse & support relevant Initiatives.
Role: The role of the Family Support Project Worker will be to provide a non-judgemental, confidential support service to people who have been adversely affected by a family member or friend’s drug or alcohol use.
Reporting relationship: Coordinator of Western Region Drugs Task Force.
- To provide information and support to families in relation to substance use and its impact on the family.
- To offer family focussed interventions which reduce the impact of substance misuse in families.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults who access support.
- To raise awareness of and improve access to appropriate support for family members.
- To work as part of an integrated network of professionals supporting families affected by substance misuse.
- To work to achieve the goals of the WRDATF Family Support Strategy 2017-2020.
- To make appropriate onward referrals when deemed necessary.
- To keep accurate and up to date records of work undertaken including case files.
- Attend regular meetings including team meetings, supervision, Networks, etc.
- 3rd level qualification in Health Promotion, Drug & Alcohol, Psychology, Counselling / Psychotherapy or a related field.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working with Individuals and families
- An ability to engage with and support family members in an empathetic and sensitive manner with an understanding of the effects of addiction on individual families and communities.
- Proven record of working to a client centred & non-judgmental ethos
- Open and innovative approach to work
- Driver’s license & access to car
- Excellent communication skills, IT proficient & team work
- Knowledge of drug & alcohol issues, family programmes eg 5 Steps, CRAFT.
- Experience of interagency working in a similar setting
- Garda vetting will apply
Informal enquiries: Mary Jackson 0872859973
Closing date: 24th June 5pm
Date of Interview: Monday 1st July
To apply please email your CV and Cover Letter to Mary Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org