MQI are currently seeking to recruit a Project Worker / Counsellor in High Park Residential Centre.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Two years’ experience in a paid full time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting or equivalent part time.
- Accredited counsellor with ACI, IACP or equivalent body, or working towards this.
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies or social care.
- Experience of working in a residential setting an advantage.
- An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use/homelessness including mental health concerns and progression pathways towards, housing, training and work.
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & team.
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point and a good knowledge CRM system for reporting purposes.
- Experience of developing and delivering workshops and seminars.
- Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with addiction and associated needs.
- Experience and skills in developing Care Plans.
- Must be available to work overnights.
- A full driving licence an advantage.
Location: High Park Residential Rehabilitation Centre, Grace Park Road, Dublin 9
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week to include one overnight per week
Salary Scale: €33,937 - €41,377 DOE per annum.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm on Thursday, 30th May 2019.
Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Project Worker / Counsellor – High Park’
Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
Please see job description attached below for more information on this post.