Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service CLG
Company Manager – part time (2.5 Days per week)
Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service (C.C.R.A.S) is a Company limited by guarantee with Charitable Status and overseen by a voluntary management committee. It is tasked by the Canal Communities Local Drug and Alcohol Task Force (CCLDATF) with implementing a range of initiatives to address substance misuse and its causes and consequences on a regional basis within the Canal Communities area (Bluebell, Inchicore and Rialto).
We are seeking candidates for the role of Company Manager – part time (2.5 Day per week) However, candidates should note; presently the C.C.R.A.S Board of Management are actively seeking funding to increase this to a full-time position.
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced individual with a broad range of skills who can successfully manage this community based regional addiction service, commencing mid-June 2019. The ideal candidate will have strong operational, communications, planning, programming, budgeting, governance & compliance, monitoring and HR experience and skills. At least 5 years in a senior management role and managing projects and/or programmes is essential, along with a clear track record of work within a small voluntary organisation, and substantial experience working in the addiction service, community & voluntary sectors.
Necessary to the role is to have exceptional administration and organisational ability in order for the manager to direct day-to-day operations, as well as a high level qualification in management and a relevant discipline to understand and appreciate the purpose of our work (i.e. Operational Management, HR, Community Addiction/Development Studies, Sociology/Social Care, Psychology etc.). We welcome interested individuals from across the public, private and voluntary sectors who believe they have the appropriate combination of qualities, skills, qualifications and commitment to deliver in this role.
Location of post: Oblate Basketball Hall, Tyrconnell Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Key Attributes & Experience
- At least 5 years operational management along with programme and/or project management experience in a comparable organisation, within the voluntary sector preferably but not exclusively.
- Ability to manage the corporate dimensions of modern organisations formulated with Charitable Status as Companies limited by guarantee, including finance, governance, compliance, personnel management, insurance, health & safety etc.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a range of tasks while maintaining focus on translating policies into practice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills concerning key stakeholders including: employees, volunteers, Board of Management and external agents such as other addiction services, community groups and state agencies.
- Experience of planning and programming supports and services for drug services users and families and/or other fields of experience specifically targeting groups in a disadvantaged area will be an advantage.
- Necessary to the role is exceptional senior administration and organisational ability in order for the manager to direct day-to-day operations (i.e. Operational Management, HR, and Programme/Project Management).
- Overall commitment to our ultimate vision of a ‘Community Free from Harmful Addiction’.
- Minimum Level 7 Degree in Business Management & Administration, Social & Community Development, HR, Business & Psychology etc.
- A high level qualification in a relevant discipline to understand and appreciate the purpose of the work (i.e. Community & Addiction Studies, Community Development, Sociology/Social Work, Education, Psychology, Mental Health etc.).
- Level 9 qualification in any of the above would be a distinct advantage.
The duties and responsibilities of this position will be reviewed and adopted from time to time to reflect the changing and emerging needs of the service.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 31st May
For full job description contact: Elaine Whelan
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07669 55645
Applications by email only to include cover letter and CV to the C.C.R.A.S Administrator,
Elaine Whelan at email@example.com
The Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service CLG is an equal opportunities employer